Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

'Trailer in a Bag' Users - Recommend It?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 04:36 PM
FXSTaCy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'Trailer in a Bag' Users - Recommend It?

A collapsable trailer of this sort may suit my needs. I'm looking to tow my FXSTC roughly 700 miles a couple times a year. The portability is a must as I live in a townhouse that doesn't allow trailers and the TIAB could be stored in an empty closet. Hope to hear your experiences with it, good and bad. Thanks.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:01 AM
FXSTaCy
Cruiser

Hope I posted this in the right section.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Bubba49
Road Master
Received 439 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by FXSTaCy
Hope I posted this in the right section.
You did, but I've never heard of it.

Bubba

Old 11-02-2010, 01:20 PM
FXSTaCy
Cruiser

I don't think so, all I see are trikes and trailers behind motorcycles in this forum.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:30 PM
brunswickoh
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've owned mine for almost ten years, awesome trailer. I've used it for everything from small bikes to my Electraglide and a friends Goldwing without any issue. Tracks like a beast at 75 on the highway, rock solid in every way. The timken bearings are rated to some ridiculous speeds and it has high quality trailer tires on it. Wider wheel base than lots of 4x8 trailers out there and built a heck of a lot better with the huge square stock steel frame. I keep mine under the basement steps. It costs a lot but well worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:28 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

I had a customer who trailer-ed his Road Glide out from Arizona to Fort Lauderdale, FL. He said he traveled at 75 all the way and I believe him. He had no problems and it unloaded and loaded easily.

The trailer has a single center tube and everything fits into a bag. There is no suspension and the wheels are very small in diameter and must spin at a million RPM's. The bottom line there have been no complaints from those who own them that I have ever heard of. That does not mean there never has been problems, that means I have never heard of them. That is all that one can ask of a piece of equipment.

There is no way in hell I would ever put my bike on that thing as I am a more traditional trailer but who am I.

I figure trailing is like sex when you were a kid, you can get away with it many times but it only takes once to screw the pouch, you than have to pay for it the rest of your life.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:48 PM
FXSTaCy
Cruiser

Thanks for the responses. Brunswickoh, I think I read your input before on this and that's what got me interested. It's good to hear your still happy with it.
I agree it does appear to be smaller than the bike it's carrying, but its design is supposed to be well capable to haul a bike.
So far through searching the net, I've yet to find a negative from someone who has used one. Just wanted piece of mind from a current user. Thanks again!

Old 11-02-2010, 08:25 PM
brunswickoh
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is always a source of conversation when people see it. As the other poster said, I've never heard of anybody using it and not being happy. Not sure what more you can ask for.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:45 AM
spider0
Intermediate

I'm glad I found this post because I was thinking about getting one myself.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:13 PM
DaSarge
Intermediate

Used one to haul my chopper from KC to SC. Yes, its definitely built well. Wasn't a big fan of the 8" tires since it meant I had to use a 5" drop on my hitch. Replaced them with 12" tires. Also used car tires instead of trailer tires since they ride at a lower PSI. Bike rode well but could see it bouncing every now and then. Have since sold it and bought a Portachopper. Same concept but it has torsion axles, not solid axles.

Quick Reply: 'Trailer in a Bag' Users - Recommend It?