Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

What is a fair price for stock seat??

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 07:30 AM
trikermary
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a fair price for stock seat??

Hi,

I have a Tri-Glide, 2009, a week after I picked it up I got a "reach seat" and have my original seat in my garage taking up space, I wanted to sell it but have no idea what to ask, one gentlemen asked me for a final price and I would have to ship it to Illinois, not quite sure where I can go to find out what the seat is worth, I guess I can ask in my dealership, just thought someone would have a ballpark figure, I do not have a photo, have a digital camera but would have to get someone to get the photo put online, it is brand new only on the trike a week, any suggestion is welcome (I live in Md and would have to ship it to Illinois.)

Old 10-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I sold mine for 1/2 of the price of a new one.
IMO that was fair. Didn't have it sitting around collecting dust.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:58 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought a new take off on e-bay for $75.00. It's basically what the traffic will bear.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:02 PM
trike lady

I've seen them on Craigslist for $150.00 and some for less.
A friend recently purchased a like new Road Zeppelin seat for his trike and paid $250.00 for it.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:30 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trike lady
I've seen them on Craigslist for $150.00 and some for less.
A friend recently purchased a like new Road Zeppelin seat for his trike and paid $250.00 for it.
That's a really good buy.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:10 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Here in the Boise, Idaho area, almost have to give them away....people won't pay more than $20 for one!

I put the Sundowner seat on mine and stock seat sitting in a box in the garage....can't even give it away!

Old 10-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
Here in the Boise, Idaho area, almost have to give them away....people won't pay more than $20 for one!

I put the Sundowner seat on mine and stock seat sitting in a box in the garage....can't even give it away!
Try Ebay. You might be surprised at what you can get. The buyer pays shipping. I've done this successfully before ('02 Deuce seat) and my only concern was finding a box big enough for the seat. I think I got 40 bucks.

I may do the same with my TG seat.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:36 AM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seat should sell for at least $80 to $100 retail but watch shipping do not include shipping in the price it could be $50.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I suppose the TG has not been around long enough for a great need in stock seats due to normal wear. I'd say also the "general rule" for one in good condition would be 1/2 dealer price. Stick it under your bed and wait a couple of years.....price will go up as TG owners wear out seats. I wish I had a spare....never can tell when something bad may happen.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:59 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 1550vt
I suppose the TG has not been around long enough for a great need in stock seats due to normal wear. I'd say also the "general rule" for one in good condition would be 1/2 dealer price. Stick it under your bed and wait a couple of years.....price will go up as TG owners wear out seats. I wish I had a spare....never can tell when something bad may happen.
TG takes the same seat as other bikes in the touring line so there are a bunch available.

Quick Reply: What is a fair price for stock seat??