Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Spoofing HD Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 10:15 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spoofing HD Video

Not knocking HD for I have had one I really liked but I did find this video humorous!

Don't take it serious it's just for laughs!

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2010/06/2...rley-davidson/

Old 08-22-2010, 10:38 AM
ErieBigDawg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
not knocking hd for i have had one i really liked but i did find this video humorous!

lol...

Old 08-22-2010, 10:58 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Not knocking HD for I have had one I really liked but I did find this video humorous!

I have had several HD's that I truely liked. My most favorite one was my 06 Ultra. I do like my 09 TG for the way it rides, handles, and for all room that it has so I can carry all my wifes junk or most of it. Mind you now I do have some issues with it.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:52 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Now that was funny.... true.... and funny all at the same time.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:57 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Now that was funny.... true.... and funny all at the same time.
I agree but what does it say about us loyal HD fans that have and continue to put up with and support this business model?

Jim

Last edited by TheJimer; 08-22-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

My favorite was my Two Low Rider Customs, FXLR...loved those bikes.
One I wished I'd have kept...'57 Pan...

Old 08-23-2010, 03:22 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by TheJimer
I agree but what does it say about us loyal HD fans that have and continue to put up with and support this business model?

Jim
I've always ignored the marketing hype HD put on, thought most of it was corny. I've bought the products in the past because they were functional and well built. In the past I made modifications because I wanted to instead of now being forced into fixing a messed up product. My 06 Ultra was fine bone stock, could have still been riding it that way. When I bought my Triglide I had no intentions on doing anything more than Stage 1.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:27 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Touring

At this point in my life I bought the Tri for what the Trike was advertised to be, a Harley in the touring class. I had no intentions of making any of the modes I did with the other harley's I've owned. Although it is a recreation product the sticker puts you in the luxury car range. My FLHT lived up to expectations, was what it was advertised to be.

It may well be that HD stretched the technology just a little to far with the Tri, the old air pump is just not up to the task for this large of a machine? Or maybe it was all the EPA's fault, at any rate they missed it bad with the 2010 Tri when you add up all the limitaions of the Tri. They may work out the problems over the next few model years but on the road engineering based on customer feed back is not the way to develop touring bikes/trikes.

I am retired and wanting to just ride and not have to spend so much time thinking about the nuts and bolts on this one. I believe most people that buy Trikes in this class fall into this catagory.

For the purpose of just pleasure riding, touring! The metrics are less cerebral, just gas and go! I don't mind keeping an old beater around to wrench on, cheap therapy and stress relief. I actually don't like to deal with the stuff on the road when on vacation. I had one definition in mind with the term touring, Harley had another.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:36 AM
DaveLaBenne
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
I've always ignored the marketing hype HD put on, thought most of it was corny. I've bought the products in the past because they were functional and well built. In the past I made modifications because I wanted to instead of now being forced into fixing a messed up product. My 06 Ultra was fine bone stock, could have still been riding it that way. When I bought my Triglide I had no intentions on doing anything more than Stage 1.
I don't pay any attention to the hype either... I don't want to fall into the lifestyle of party all the time at the rally of the week either. We did Sturgis the week prior to avoid all the craziness. I just enjoy the wind in my face. I'm more of a function over style guy for accessories. My 07 EGC was stock except for cruise. The Tri will get a few performance mods now that I have ridden it for a while, and maybe a little bit of paint so that I can pick it out in a crowd.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:38 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by DaveLaBenne
I don't pay any attention to the hype either... I don't want to fall into the lifestyle of party all the time at the rally of the week either. We did Sturgis the week prior to avoid all the craziness. I just enjoy the wind in my face. I'm more of a function over style guy for accessories. My 07 EGC was stock except for cruise. The Tri will get a few performance mods now that I have ridden it for a while, and maybe a little bit of paint so that I can pick it out in a crowd.
You sound pretty much like me, I don't do rallies and when I visited Sturgis it was in July. I'm pretty selective about the crowd I wish to be around. I would have been more than satisfied with just having the Stage 1 and a set of mufflers then riding the snot out of it, but as my rotten luck would have it the MoCo did a poor job delivering an acceptable package now I have to fix it.