Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

AAA, RV/Motorcycle coverage

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 02:31 PM
fogrider
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up AAA, RV/Motorcycle coverage

Does anybody carry this coverage. I was hoping to hear some experiences you've had with it. thanks

Old 06-17-2010, 04:07 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have it, but havent used it. I didnt have it when I broke down 250 miles east of Reno NV on I80 in 2008. I called HOG, they got me a tow back to Reno, but only paid the first $100 of it. I was stuck with paying the other $900

If I would have had the AAA Premium RV coverage that day, it would have covered the first 200 miles of towing. Now I dont leave home with out it. Nice addition with AAA is the discounts and other services you get along with if your a pasenger in another persons vehicle, they will still tow it

Last edited by FLTR2008TRIKE; 06-17-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:51 PM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I had AAA basic for over 35 years, I used it for maps, lock out and a few other things. About two years ago I was in Brown County park in Indiana and my car broke down, I called the 800 number and the local club told me that the basic only covered a tow for the first 2 or 3 miles. I was 70-80 miles from the nearest garage of any size that I would trust. I called my local AAA club and they let me add PLUS membership to my plan without waiting the 24 hours that the Indy club said I would need to wait.

I added the PLUS and all was well, I didn’t know until they sent out the packet that it covered the Harley and RV as well as other extras. Now I would not be without it.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Petesnot
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since I have a 1971 VW Westfalia, I also have AAA Plus. It will tow any of my vehicles, including my road king, up to 100 miles. While I haven't used it on my bike, I did have my car towed 75 miles to my local mechanic when it broke down. The only down side was sitting with the wacky tow truck driver on the way back.
I've also used the free unlock service for friends dopey enough to lock their keys inside their car.

AAA has the best customer service in my opinion, they really take care of you for he $95/year I pay.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:05 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I also have AAA plus coverage....got locked out of my car and called them to open the door (paid for the year's cost). Never leave home without it. Just signed up for the upgrade.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:28 PM
legaleagle
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
I also have AAA rv insurance plus coverage....got locked out of my car and called them to open the door (paid for the year's cost). Never leave home without it. Just signed up for the upgrade.
Get locked out and pay as well Stern punishment for no fault of your's.

Last edited by legaleagle; 07-25-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:02 AM
dixie FLSTS
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since my wife has horses we usse a company called, US Rider.

They will cover you in any vehicial + trailers as well as paying the repair if it is cheaper than the tow home.

It is a little over $100 for the primary driver and less for each driver added to the group.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:03 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by legaleagle
No, if I had NOT had AAA, would have cost me.....read again.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:12 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member

Just called AAA/Idaho-Oregon. AAA Plus covers motorcycles (and now, bicycles)! I upgraded to Premium...motorcycle coverage, plus other benefits. However, some states do not recognize the features as stated, keep receipts and will get reimbursement.

Whoever stirs the pot needs to get correct information before posting!

Old 07-20-2010, 01:01 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by legaleagle
Leagal Eagle (ha?) I think that you need to reread her post!

Jim

Quick Reply: AAA, RV/Motorcycle coverage