Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

AAA, RV/Motorcycle coverage

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 01:04 PM
RumRunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Have AAA for car and truck, found out that in my area they do not cover bikes. Good to check on it, not sure of other areas are like Southern New England.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have AAA Premier RV/Motorcycle coverage. I have had AAA from 1982. I started my membership in California and moved to Tennessee. I first up to Plus and then to Premier when AAA first started to have it while I lived in Tennessee. With the Premier coverage, I get one tow up to 200 miles and two up to 100 miles. I also get Unlock coverage of any car and also to my home.

I have used the coverage several times. In Tennessee, I have had my rear tire go flat when I was 45 miles from home. I had my truck's radiator fan fly off and kill the radiator. I was 135 miles from home.

I moved from Tennessee back to California towing my Fifth Wheel. I had the motor blow and had my Fifth Wheel Behind me at the time. I was so glad I had the RV/Motorcycle coverage. I had the entire rig towed 85 mikes to a AAA approved repair facility.

In California I had a flat on the rear tire of my Ultra. The Premier has a special number to call. I called it and they said they were on the way. I then called a friend to let them know I had a flat. Before i got off the phone to my friend, AAA was pulling up with a flatbed to take me home, or anywhere I wanted, not just to the closest Harley dealer. Any time I need a tow for my Harley, they always send a Flatbed to recover it.

I believe that the Premier service it the only way to go.