Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

transmission noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 06:24 AM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All I can say is ride it as hard as you can still something breaks. The HD rep says it normal ok ride it as hard as you can you have warranty. Yes it stinks Id be pissed. Your between a rock and hard plate. As you can't take it to another dealer as the factory Rep says it's OK BS. Id go over the Reps head call or write the Motor Company. ( Did ya tell the dealer now at ain't shifting hard to get in gear popping out of gear clutch slipping all kinds of crazy ****.) They might open it up if ya keep complaning. The noisy wheel gets the OIL. Hope all works out in the end.

Last edited by carlo; 03-18-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:03 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by msocko3
No rattle in the trans of my 2010 Triglide. If your dealer is looking to try a different fluid have them try Redline Shock Proof Heavy. I've been running that for several years now in my 06 Ultra and have started using in both mine and my dads Triglide.
10-4 on the Heavy Redline Shockproof. I've always used it in my Harley trans. It makes shifting easier and better finding neutral. It should be about 13 bucks a quart if you can find it locally.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:51 PM
roger scarcliff
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i just got the bike from the dealer with the redline oil and it appears to have helped. I did not get the chance to ride the bike for long, however the amount of time i rode when the noise occurred is about the same amount of time that i just rode. Keeping my fingers crossed that this remedy stops the dreaded rattle. By the way, i installed the fuel moto pipe and the bike seems to run cooler. I didn't change anything else on the bike just the pipe. It sounds a little throatier and a bit more pep. Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions. Great web site. If the dreaded rattle returns, I wil post again.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:29 AM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

Don't wait for the dreaded rattle to post! We like hearing about your rides also.
Seems like this area has become very technical though.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:59 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhorsepilot
Don't wait for the dreaded rattle to post! We like hearing about your rides also.
Seems like this area has become very technical though.
I'm noticing that too (technical)...haven't a clue what some of the subjects are about

Guess that's 'winter chat'....be glad when riding weather gets here!

Old 03-19-2010, 03:28 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
I'm noticing that too (technical)...haven't a clue what some of the subjects are about

Guess that's 'winter chat'....be glad when riding weather gets here!
Well you know how we are, we just don't have nothing else to do!!!

Old 03-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Well you know how we are, we just don't have nothing else to do!!!
That's perfectly understandable! However, we women need something more????

Barb, are we the only women on here now? Used to be Peggy and a lady with the blue triglide, I think it was "tririder" It takes a woman to lighten things up a little.
I miss Peggy so much with their reports on their adventures. I need an adventure!!!!!!

Old 03-19-2010, 06:21 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

if it doesnt sound normal to you it probably isnt? What about another opinion from another dealer without giving the service rep the preceding opinions?

Old 03-19-2010, 06:53 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhorsepilot
That's perfectly understandable! However, we women need something more????

Barb, are we the only women on here now? Used to be Peggy and a lady with the blue triglide, I think it was "tririder" It takes a woman to lighten things up a little.
I miss Peggy so much with their reports on their adventures. I need an adventure!!!!!!
IHP....appears to be just you and me! I'm going back to FB/FV. See you all when the riding begins and all the jibble-jabber thingamajigs gets iron out

Old 03-19-2010, 08:31 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
IHP....appears to be just you and me! I'm going back to FB/FV. See you all when the riding begins and all the jibble-jabber thingamajigs gets iron out
We all will certainly miss you gals if you don't chime in from time to time.

Quick Reply: transmission noise