Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

10 Blade Jagg oil cooler for 10 Tri Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 07:24 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TheJimer
FLTR, thanks for the heads up! Did you look at the UltraCoolFlunit www.ultracoolfl.com ; it is a 17 row oil cooler with a built in fan and designed to fit all FLH models.

I cant use that due to my right foot shifter linkage

Old 03-14-2010, 01:26 PM
PopDukes
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am installing the UltraCool unit at the end of this month. On order now, but want to wait for ther new PM brakes for the rear and do at same time.

I'll keep you posted as I will be taking a 300 mile hike from LA to Vegas in early April with the new cooler and brakes! Can't wait to see how it operates.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:53 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cool Tri's

Originally Posted by PopDukes
I am installing the UltraCool unit at the end of this month. On order now, but want to wait for ther new PM brakes for the rear and do at same time.

I'll keep you posted as I will be taking a 300 mile hike from LA to Vegas in early April with the new cooler and brakes! Can't wait to see how it operates.

The Ultra Cool sounds good, I have already installed the Jagg 10 row but if this has been out earlier I would have tried it. I was wondering is your trike an 09 or a 10 and if a 10 have your installed the Fuel Moto header pipes yet! My Tri is a 2010 and black also, will be watching for the post on the new cooler. That has to be be a big improvement over stock!

Old 03-14-2010, 08:39 PM
PopDukes
Cruiser

It's an 09. Just over 5K on it.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:25 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
The Ultra Cool sounds good, I have already installed the Jagg 10 row but if this has been out earlier I would have tried it. I was wondering is your trike an 09 or a 10 and if a 10 have your installed the Fuel Moto header pipes yet! My Tri is a 2010 and black also, will be watching for the post on the new cooler. That has to be be a big improvement over stock!
I agree Coupe; had known about the UltraCoolerFL, I would have gone that route rather than the Jagg 10 row cooler and Big Sky fan. I really like the idea of a 17 row cooler! I’m waiting for some hot weather to test my latest attempts at engine heat reduction and if the results aren’t favorable, I may just go with the UltraCooler.

When I e-mailed UltraCoolerFl; they said that their unit would fit on a TG “with some sight modification ; I’m curious the hear from Pop Duke on exactly how difficult of an install it is.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:04 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Default Running Cool

Originally Posted by TheJimer
I agree Coupe; had known about the UltraCoolerFL, I would have gone that route rather than the Jagg 10 row cooler and Big Sky fan. I really like the idea of a 17 row cooler! I’m waiting for some hot weather to test my latest attempts at engine heat reduction and if the results aren’t favorable, I may just go with the UltraCooler.

When I e-mailed UltraCoolerFl; they said that their unit would fit on a TG “with some sight modification ; I’m curious the hear from Pop Duke on exactly how difficult of an install it is.
Your riding environment is tougher than mine, I feel the 10 Row will be adequate for me, just a couple of months of the year in traffic I have any concerns over the heat issue. I bet that intigrated fan on the Ultra is tougher than what we are running! The Arizona kit I feel will be adequate also for me but I also like the thermostat control on the Ultra, not having to hit the acc switch every time you want the fan to kick on.

I did the same thing with the headpipes, downed em and drilled the Cats and right after Fuel Moto come out with the new Stainless Headpipe without the Cat! I seem to be always one purchase or modification behind the technology or the latest product introduction!

At least this gives us the option to upgrade if the Jagg 10 is not sufficient and the Ultra works out for Pop Duke!

Old 03-15-2010, 07:09 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Default Cool

It's an 09. Just over 5K on it.
Well with no cat to dump you saved enough with not having to buy the header pipe to cover the cost of the Ultra Cooler! I had an option to buy an 09 at the end of the season but opted for the 2010! Did not know they had stuck a cat in the headpipe on me! My theory of not buying a first year product and letting them get the bugs worked out bit me this time! Be safe out there!

Old 03-15-2010, 10:44 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Your riding environment is tougher than mine, I feel the 10 Row will be adequate for me, just a couple of months of the year in traffic I have any concerns over the heat issue. I bet that intigrated fan on the Ultra is tougher than what we are running! The Arizona kit I feel will be adequate also for me but I also like the thermostat control on the Ultra, not having to hit the acc switch every time you want the fan to kick on.

I did the same thing with the headpipes, downed em and drilled the Cats and right after Fuel Moto come out with the new Stainless Headpipe without the Cat! I seem to be always one purchase or modification behind the technology or the latest product introduction!

At least this gives us the option to upgrade if the Jagg 10 is not sufficient and the Ultra works out for Pop Duke!
Coupe; turning my accessory switch "on/off" for my two fans is not a big hassle for me; I pretty much turn it ON in late March and turn it OFF in late November!

Old 03-15-2010, 03:26 PM
PopDukes
Cruiser

You Guys are great. Learning allot from you all!

Will let you know what the dealer had to do with the Ultra once installed at the end of this month.

I do know they will need to bore another whole for the new oil temp gauge I just installed in replace of the air temp gauge on the fairing. Understand the Ultra uses that connection!

Old 03-15-2010, 05:50 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

You Guys are great. Learning allot from you all!

Will let you know what the dealer had to do with the Ultra once installed at the end of this month.

I do know they will need to bore another whole for the new oil temp gauge I just installed in replace of the air temp gauge on the fairing. Understand the Ultra uses that connection!
I was just on the web site for Ultracool and read the installation instructions, looks like a pretty simple installation with the exception of relocating the clutch cable. Hooking up the fan is a pretty simple wiring job. Not sure what hole needs bored? The Ultracool needs a switched power connection which is not the same connection as the oil temp gauge.

Quick Reply: 10 Blade Jagg oil cooler for 10 Tri Glide