Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

quiet comfy shady trike helmet???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 05:54 PM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default quiet comfy shady trike helmet???

The rake on my Tri-Glide gives me buffeting and noise with my modular helmet and tries to pull my 1/2 helmet off my head.I generally ride in temps from 40 to 90 year round.Does anyone have a brand or style of helmet they would recommend?I do need a visor or shade for my old skin also.Lotsa sun in the Rio Grande.

thanks in advance,

T K

Old 03-01-2010, 10:37 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by T K Glider
The rake on my Tri-Glide gives me buffeting and noise with my modular helmet and tries to pull my 1/2 helmet off my head.I generally ride in temps from 40 to 90 year round.Does anyone have a brand or style of helmet they would recommend?I do need a visor or shade for my old skin also.Lotsa sun in the Rio Grande.

thanks in advance,

T K
Over the years I have tried a half a dozen different helmets and I finally found one that I really like. I ride in 50-115 degree temperatures, so it was difficult finding one single all purpose helmet.

I now have a NEXX Model X60 Helmet; www.nexx-usa.com it is constructed out of light weight DOT approved Advanced Thermo Resin (ATR), it has open/close vents on the top of the helmet for air circulation, a removable washable anti-sweat lining and swing up Lexan Face Shield. I also have an optional ratchet style quick release chin strap buckle which I absolutely love!

At $260.00, it’s a little pricey but it works and therefore worth it to me!

Last edited by TheJimer; 03-02-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:44 PM
rearnold
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TK

I have a half helmet that I put a face shield on that i bought from Amazon, it has a light tint on it and snaps on the helmet. works great for me down here. I also swicht it to my 3/4 helment cost about 20.00.

By the way took TG to franks grafix, he is supposed to get some design together and email me. gave him your name.

Bob

Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 AM
pork
Cruiser
Lightbulb Just a possibility

Not to go against another post, but if you already have a short visor on your half helmet, that might be what makes it try to lift off your head. I have a half helmet that I originally had a short visor on, and it was really bad about lifting off. I took off the visor, and the helmet stopped lifting. Now, it's my favorite helmet.

By the way, I have tinted visors for my modular helmets, and even a short bill on one helmet, but I prefer to use a clear visor and sunscreen lotion. Yes, you will definitely need something for your skin. The sunscreen can also help moisturize to protect your skin from wind damage.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Triguy
Intermediate

Check out this visor that attaches to any face shield. Really helps when sun is low at dawn and dusk, and also keeps sun off of your face. Designed to let the air flow under the visor, so little wind resistance.
http://www.super-visor.com/

Old 03-02-2010, 04:33 PM
krw
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bell Mag 8 worked pretty good for the first time on Sunday.