Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

trike on lift table

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:44 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SEAlaskan
Jim, thank you for the info. Being able to move it around would be great. My garage is only 20' wide by 50' deep so being able to move it out of the way when not in use would be super. Again thank you.
You’re welcome. Make sure that what ever lift you order comes with a heavy duty sliding tool tray/jack stand! I modified my tray to accommodate the front wheel of the trike. I bolted a piece of ¼” diamond plate to the tool tray and mounted a MC wheel chock to the diamond plate along with two eye hooks to tie down the front wheel; than I simply drive the trike up, using the tool tray as a skid plate. Just remember to use the rear brake when you want to stop!

Also enlist the help of a few of your buddies; these parts are big, clumsy and heavy. The guys I recruited are just as old and decrepit as me so rather than taking a chance on anyone hurting their back, I rented a fork lift. The fork lift is not totally necessary; however, it does make the job much easier/safer and certainly worth the nominal expense IMO!

Old 02-18-2010, 01:39 PM
62hdbiker
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by FBTRIKE
I have a direct lift and just replaced the rods for the sides, with longer pipe from Home depot. It spaces the sides out a little. Works great and is very stable. I also cut the sides shorter too allow easier access to the bike.
I never thought of just getting longer rods and sliding the sides out. Great Idea! That I will do.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:43 PM
62hdbiker
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TheJimer
A 12' foot ceiling height should be plenty for a car lift!

I don't want to buy a car lift if I cant actually use it for my truck. My diesel pick up is pretty tall and with ceiling lights ect I couldn't lift it very far. It also weighs #7500. I might have if I didn't already own a lift table.
Thanks