Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

trike on lift table

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 11:41 AM
62hdbiker
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks, I'll fab two pieces of 10 gage U channel about 12 wide and use 1" gas pipe thru the U channel and lift table to hold it. I wanted to be sure before I did it.
Thanks

Old 02-17-2010, 12:00 PM
SEAlaskan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheJimer
Mike;
If you have the ceiling height in your garage, I would suggest that you consider a car lift and modify it to accommodate the trike. There seems to be a price war on in the car lift industry right now and prices have fallen by over 50%. I suspect that you can pick up a car lift now for slightly more than what a MC table lift cost!

The advantage of a car lift are several fold:
1) It is multi-functional, you can use it for your 4 wheel or 3 wheel vehicles!
2) You can adjust the height to any level you wish and work on the trike without bending over!
3.) With the exception of the front wheel, the entire bottom of the trike is open and accessible, unlike a table lift!
4) Mine is weight rated at 7,000 lbs. and has casters to move it around the garage if necessary!
5) You can double deck and stack two vehicles on top of each other!
Jim, what brand and model is your lift?

Old 02-17-2010, 01:18 PM
62hdbiker
Tourer

Its a "Direct lift" , "pro Cycle" with a 1000 lb. rating. I raises a fully loaded dresser with no problem. I know the tri glide weighs 1125 and is over the max.
Only a 12 foot ceiling height

Old 02-17-2010, 01:45 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 62hdbiker
Its a "Direct lift" , "pro Cycle" with a 1000 lb. rating. I raises a fully loaded dresser with no problem. I know the tri glide weighs 1125 and is over the max.
That's the same lift my dad and I have right now. As a test we raised my 06 Ultra with me sitting on it. I figure the Ultra is about 800 with a full fuel tank and all the junk I keep in the bags and at that time I was tipping the scales right around 240#.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:49 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Mike;
If you have the ceiling height in your garage, I would suggest that you consider a car lift and modify it to accommodate the trike. There seems to be a price war on in the car lift industry right now and prices have fallen by over 50%. I suspect that you can pick up a car lift now for slightly more than what a MC table lift cost!

The advantage of a car lift are several fold:
1) It is multi-functional, you can use it for your 4 wheel or 3 wheel vehicles!
2) You can adjust the height to any level you wish and work on the trike without bending over!
3.) With the exception of the front wheel, the entire bottom of the trike is open and accessible, unlike a table lift!
4) Mine is weight rated at 7,000 lbs. and has casters to move it around the garage if necessary!
5) You can double deck and stack two vehicles on top of each other!
The ceiling hight is only 8' and in places its a little lower due to the garage door opener and lights hanging. I agree with you 100% the car lift modified as you have it is the hot ticket if room is available.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:20 PM
62hdbiker
Tourer

Originally Posted by msocko3
That's the same lift my dad and I have right now. As a test we raised my 06 Ultra with me sitting on it. I figure the Ultra is about 800 with a full fuel tank and all the junk I keep in the bags and at that time I was tipping the scales right around 240#.

Good to know. I know it raised my dresser fast. I actually put in a ball valve shut off valve in my line so I can control the rate of lift. I floor the foot petal and crack the ball valve and control the rate of air.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:15 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SEAlaskan
Jim, what brand and model is your lift?
My car lift is a Direct Lift; model # PP8PPNBKD

Old 02-17-2010, 09:18 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 62hdbiker
A 12' foot ceiling height should be plenty for a car lift!

Old 02-17-2010, 10:30 PM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

My car lift is a Direct Lift; model # PP8PPNBKD
Jim, thank you for the info. Being able to move it around would be great. My garage is only 20' wide by 50' deep so being able to move it out of the way when not in use would be super. Again thank you.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:48 AM
FBTRIKE
Road Captain

I have a direct lift and just replaced the rods for the sides, with longer pipe from Home depot. It spaces the sides out a little. Works great and is very stable. I also cut the sides shorter too allow easier access to the bike.

Attached Thumbnails trike on lift table-9.jpg  

Quick Reply: trike on lift table