Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:50 PM
MangoMike
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control

I've begun thinking about selling my 09 Ultra and getting a TriGlide. From the HD site it looks as though the Tri does NOT come with Cruise Control! Is this right, or did I misread the specs? If I get one it will have to have reverse, does this make a difference in the Cruise Control?

Thanks,

Mike

Old 01-14-2010, 10:35 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MangoMike
I've begun thinking about selling my 09 Ultra and getting a TriGlide. From the HD site it looks as though the Tri does NOT come with Cruise Control! Is this right, or did I misread the specs? If I get one it will have to have reverse, does this make a difference in the Cruise Control?

Thanks,

Mike
Mike,
Cruise Control is standard equipment on the Ultra Classic TG; I think I read that it is an available cost option on the Street Glide TG. I’m not quite sure what you mean by: “will reverse make a difference in the Cruise Control”?

Last edited by TheJimer; 01-14-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:34 PM
MangoMike
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jim. The spec list on the TriGlide shows N/A for the cruise control, but the Indicator Lamps section shows a light for cruise; this confused me. When I mentioned Reverse I was wondering if somehow the adding reverse forced HD to take the cruise off (I know that sounds dumb, but I couldn't figure out why they listed N/A next to cruise. I was sure it had cruise, and appreciate your clearing that up for me).

Mike

Old 01-15-2010, 05:49 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Cruise control comes as standard equipment on all Ultra Classic model bikes and trikes. Reverse is an option, it has no impact on the cruise control.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:44 AM
grandpawmoses
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MangoMike
Thanks Jim. The spec list on the TriGlide shows N/A for the cruise control, but the Indicator Lamps section shows a light for cruise; this confused me. When I mentioned Reverse I was wondering if somehow the adding reverse forced HD to take the cruise off (I know that sounds dumb, but I couldn't figure out why they listed N/A next to cruise. I was sure it had cruise, and appreciate your clearing that up for me).

Mike
The brochure was misleading to me also. I ask the salesman & he said cruise was standard on the Ultra so it was "N/A" (not available) as an option.
GPM

Old 01-16-2010, 01:06 PM
62hdbiker
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

The Tri-glide ultra has cruise. The Street Glide trike does not

Old 01-16-2010, 01:30 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by grandpawmoses
The brochure was misleading to me also. I ask the salesman & he said cruise was standard on the Ultra so it was "N/A" (not available) as an option.
GPM
The "N/A" doesn't mean not available, it means not applicable. And since it's standard on the Ultra they didn't feel they needed to mention if it's got it or not. But it is misleading. And for 62HDbiker, my Mother's got a Street Glide trike, and it HAS reverse.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:08 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
The "N/A" doesn't mean not available, it means not applicable. And since it's standard on the Ultra they didn't feel they needed to mention if it's got it or not. But it is misleading. And for 62HDbiker, my Mother's got a Street Glide trike, and it HAS reverse.
That could be very true. Reverse is available as an option on the Tri Glide as well as the Street Glide.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:17 PM
62hdbiker
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
Where did I say the street glide did not have reverse?

Old 01-16-2010, 07:24 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 62hdbiker
Where did I say the street glide did not have reverse?
I meant that IT DOES have cruise (as well as reverse).

Quick Reply: Cruise Control