Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

I'm a trailer junkie...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 08:04 AM
1badbagger
Road Warrior
Received 1,776 Likes on 469 Posts
Default I'm a trailer junkie...

Before you start, my bike isn't a trailer queen, I've had it 4 years and have 45,000 miles on it.
That said, I have had about 10 trailers in the last 4 years, dictated by what the tow vehicle will be. I've had a 4 cyl Toyota for a couple years. Been using a stand up Kendon that works well, but obviosuly no weather protection for the bike. Just in the last week I got a deal on a couple others, so bought them both, but selling one of them.
First, I bought a super sweet little V-nose. It's about a 5 X 10 and is a very high quality trailer. Bought it, loved it, but 3 days later picked up a Toy Carrier so cheap I couldn't turn it down. So the Kendon AND the V-nose are for sale.
The Toy Carrier was just painted black 5 months ago and it pulls like a dream. And because it's such a weird looking trailer, everyone stares at it, wondering what you're hauling.
ALSO, I bought a used N-line trailer this past summer. Wife and I are both teachers and want to do some traveling/camping next summer and the N-line or Uni-Go were the only trailers I would consider towing behind the bike. I actually ride more aggresive when I'm towing the N-line than when I'm not, don't know why.
If anyone's interested in a nice V-nose, shoot me an e-mail.
Here's a pic of the Toy Carrier for anyone that doesn't know about them and the V-nose beside it.
Ride safe !!!

Attached Thumbnails I'm a trailer junkie...-dsc00207.jpg  

Last edited by 1badbagger; 12-29-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:22 AM
krw
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've gone thru a few trailers myself. Ended up with an enclosed with a ramp. I installed unistrut in the floor for attachment points and additional support in the sides and front. Seems I lend it out more than I use it! LOL!

Old 12-27-2009, 06:57 PM
103Eagle
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Gimme the info on the Kendon Please, sent PM.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:25 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Not that its a bad thing but I've never had the need for a trailer. I'm the sicko who the folks at the dealer shake their head at when I roll in while its snowing and sleeting.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:19 PM
1badbagger
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by msocko3
Not that its a bad thing but I've never had the need for a trailer. I'm the sicko who the folks at the dealer shake their head at when I roll in while its snowing and sleeting.
Hey msocko,
I'm originally from up your way, Warren, Ohio to be exact.
Trailers are GREAT for when we go somewhere and want to take the dog with us, and then once there (like back to Ohio or down to the aunt's in Tampa ) the dog stays at the house, the wife takes the car and I get the bike. We can go see our own friends/family or whatever. There's not enough time for me to waste going shopping with my wife and her friends/family, so why not have my bike there and go do my own thing ( i.e. ride the bike ) with my friends/family?
We also just last summer bought an N-line to tow behind the bike when we want to leave the dog at home and go for a week or 2 on a camping trip.
Between my 2 bikes, I bet I ride more miles than 90% of riders.
And dude, living in Ohio with out a trailer???? How do you get your bike to Florida during the winter for Christmas or Daytona Bike week?
It's all good.
Peace out !

Old 12-29-2009, 06:41 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 1badbagger
Between my 2 bikes, I bet I ride more miles than 90% of riders. And dude, living in Ohio with out a trailer???? How do you get your bike to Florida during the winter for Christmas or Daytona Bike week?It's all good.
I normally get around 10,000 miles on each year, which isn't bad considering. I'm not a big Florida fan, for some reason I have never had the desire to go there. I generally service the bike and now the trike at the end of October then tuck them away for the winter, which is when I also do any upgrades I may want. This winter it is work on the trike installing cams, Jagg 10 row oil cooler, garage door opener, chrome front end.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:24 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=1badbagger;6016872]Hey msocko,
Between my 2 bikes, I bet I ride more miles than 90% of riders.
And dude, living in Ohio with out a trailer???? How do you get your bike to Florida during the winter for Christmas or Daytona Bike week?
It's all good.
Peace out ![/QUOT
I'm awfully curious, how many miles do you generally put on each year? I believe that you have a much longer riding season than we do. You are correct though, most folks don't log that many miles.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:50 PM
1badbagger
Road Warrior

I HATED "winterizing" the bike and tucking it away for 4 months every winter up there. I could trailer it to my sis's in VA for a weekend or to FL. for a week and break up that 4 months outta the saddle.
Wife and I log 15K or better on the Harley and I put about 5K or more on the FZ1 or whatever other bikes I have for riding 1 up. I've had 3 others this year. I play around with buying/selling/trading and love to ride everything.