Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Need input on winter project

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 09:50 AM
grandpawmoses
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need input on winter project

My wife wants the passenger floorboards on the TG to be about 2" higher & not necessarily adjustable (she's only 5'). The floorboards are currently in their topmost position. I've checked Harley parts and Kuryakyn for such an animal but no luck. Kuryakyn says their adjustable peg addition will not work on the TG. My first thought was to cut the existing bracket & weld in an extension piece. Not sure what the base metal is since it appears to be a casting. My second thought was to machine an offset extension. My third thought (and best) is to ask the knowledge base here. Has anyone tried/done/thought about this? Thanks & merry Christmas all.
GPM

Old 12-24-2009, 11:11 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by grandpawmoses
My wife wants the passenger floorboards on the TG to be about 2" higher & not necessarily adjustable (she's only 5'). The floorboards are currently in their topmost position. I've checked Harley parts and Kuryakyn for such an animal but no luck. Kuryakyn says their adjustable peg addition will not work on the TG. My first thought was to cut the existing bracket & weld in an extension piece. Not sure what the base metal is since it appears to be a casting. My second thought was to machine an offset extension. My third thought (and best) is to ask the knowledge base here. Has anyone tried/done/thought about this? Thanks & merry Christmas all.
GPM
My wife is also only 5' tall. I put on the adjustable Kuryakyn pegs and she goes between the floor boards and the pegs. Msocko3 put on the HD adjustable floor boards. You may want to PM him.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:33 AM
grandpawmoses
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
My wife is also only 5' tall. I put on the adjustable Kuryakyn pegs and she goes between the floor boards and the pegs. Msocko3 put on the HD adjustable floor boards. You may want to PM him.
Thanks, I will
GPM