Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Uni-Go Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:31 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Uni-Go Trailer

I am looking at getting a trailer to towed behind my Ultra. I am thinking about a Uni-Go trailer which is a small unit with one wheel. I would like to know if anyone is using this trailer and your thoughts.... good or bad. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Be Safe JIM

Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 AM
DRAFT1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HDJIM1158,
At one time Unigo was having a few quality control issues. I know this was talked about on the ST-Owners.com forum. This trailer was a favorite to some, and disliked by others. I would research this by searching all of the sport touring forums. These guys do a lot of solo camping, iron-butt runs etc. and have pulled and tested the Unigo. I liked this trailer also, but could not justify the cost. I ended up builing a home built that suits me fine for when I need it. I posted this months ago in trailer/trike forum.https://www.hdforums.com/forum/4980534-post1.html. Good luck on your search.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:52 AM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I luv mine. I have had no issues. I got mine in August 2007.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:54 AM
bosco 09
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattman22033
I luv mine. I have had no issues. I got mine in August 2007.
i'll try again in this thread, what hitch are you using? thanks

Old 09-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Freebee
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've not pulled one.
The thought of a single wheel trailer behind a MC kinda bothers me.
While I realize a well maintained tire is less likely to blow, road hazzards can and do happen.
How would the bike react to suddenly pulling a trailer with no tire at road speed ? I will eventually decide on a trailer/camper (Bunkhouse or Aspen) when I do it will have two wheels under it...prolly a spare tire as well !

They are interesting looking !

Old 09-14-2009, 12:09 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Freebee
I've not pulled one.
The thought of a single wheel trailer behind a MC kinda bothers me.
While I realize a well maintained tire is less likely to blow, road hazzards can and do happen.
How would the bike react to suddenly pulling a trailer with no tire at road speed ? I will eventually decide on a trailer/camper (Bunkhouse or Aspen) when I do it will have two wheels under it...prolly a spare tire as well !

They are interesting looking !
You should be concerned; any failure of the wheel will result in the trailer becoming wildly unstable and it will take the bike with it. Even if it is empty you will not be able to control the trailer or the bike.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,264 Likes on 7,397 Posts

You may want to take a look at N-Line. My brother has one and I can tell you first hand that it is SWEET. It pulls like a dream and in my opinion it looks better with a Harley.

http://www.n-line.com/

Attached Thumbnails Uni-Go Trailer-cimg1732-large-.jpg   Uni-Go Trailer-misc-august-2009-119.jpg  
Old 09-14-2009, 01:14 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a link that you might find helpful. It has ALL the trailer's websites listed so you can shop from your computer, and develop your own analysis, and price comparison. Let us know what you do.
http://www.aerobourne.com/motorcycletrailerindex9.htm

Old 09-14-2009, 09:00 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SA315B
You should be concerned; any failure of the wheel will result in the trailer becoming wildly unstable and it will take the bike with it. Even if it is empty you will not be able to control the trailer or the bike.
The Uni-Go has a universal joint hitch so I don't see it becoming wildly unstable. If the tire went out I think it would roll along on the rim. Let's just hope I never find out.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've owned a Uni-Go, but pulled it behind a BMW K1200-Lt. They're a great trailer. A little expensive for their size, but they add more than enough carry space for nearly any motorcycle trip. I used mine to carry camping gear when I camped, & extra clothing/gear when I was on long trips & using hotels/motels.

They pull well & you can't tell they're back there unless you can see your reflection. They're also a lot of fun to un-hitch & roll into the elevator & take to your 5th floor room. You get some strange looks in the lobby & elevator, but nobody questions you....

Quick Reply: Uni-Go Trailer