Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Are you happy with TriGlide power

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Glyder
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are you happy with TriGlide power

Old lady was "b$%$#in" yesterday. She said she dont have enuff roll on power. She has her TriGlide stage I with AC,pipes and a PC V. I have to agree with her. She rides all the
NE big roads for work and says when shes doing 65-70 in 6th she has to drop a gear to get around somebody..you open it up and it takes its good old time winding up. Even 5th gear aint all that snappy...still a pretty good time to wind up. My 07 EG Classic will haul the mail in the same situation...even two up....I know the weight difference etc...is the big factor but it is a slug even with the 103"
Anybody do a cam in theres yet???? What did you use??? Like to get that power in a more usable area.

Last edited by Glyder; 08-04-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:26 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Glyder
Old lady was "b$%$#in" yesterday. She said she dont have enuff roll on power. She has her TriGlide stage I with AC,pipes and a PC V. I have to agree with her. She rides all the
NE big roads for work and says when shes doing 65-70 in 6th she has to drop a gear to get around somebody..you open it up and it takes its good old time winding up. Even 5th gear aint all that snappy...still a pretty good time to wind up. My 07 EG Classic will haul the mail in the same situation...even two up....I know the weight difference etc...is the big factor but it is a slug even with the 103"
Anybody do a cam in theres yet???? What did you use??? Like to get that power in a more usable area.
I wouldn't say Happy but I will sat satisfied for at least now until after the warranty runs out. I had an 06 Ultra that had the BB95, SE204 cams, head work, and a Headquarters Pro Tuner on it. The Tri Glide don't hold a candle to it but it isn't all that bad. If I want to pass someone quickly I just down shift and it will do the job.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:31 PM
RVTriker
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I came from a '98 EVO motor on a EG, bone stock, so the Triglide has more power then I'm used to. That will wear off soon enough. But for now it's fine

Old 08-04-2009, 03:11 PM
HJP
Cruiser

Would agree about lack of power. I put a 255 cam in with the download and AC. Made a big difference. Will now pull a big hill without needing to down shift. If you need to realy go just downshift into 4th roll on the trottle and away you go.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:12 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its ok Adaquet at best.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:17 PM
lzski326
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine seems to pull pretty good compaired to the 2001 I had. I will find out when I head down to the smokie mountains on aug 15th. I will be pulling a trailer behind, so that should tell me something. So far I'm happy with it, almost 5000 miles.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:08 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

NE big roads for work and says when shes doing 65-70 in 6th she has to drop a gear to get around somebody..
I saw and responded to this on another Forum, here is what I wrote.

I'm waiting on a 2010 Triglide which should deliver this week and I've put a few hundred miles on my dads 09 Triglide. With that being said. I agree that the Triglide could use more pep but It's not a total pooch. When discussing this with my dad I say the Triglide with Stage 1 does require a person to pay attention to how they ride and be aware of any developing situation, they can't count on the throttle to get them out of situations that they should have seen coming if they had been riding defensively. I'm used to the power of my 06 Ultra which has a HQ Touring build, but I can also be satisfied with the power of the Triglide with Stage 1. Will I break into the engine in the future, time will tell. I can say for right now I'm going to ride it without cracking into the engine. The other night I was riding with the wife on my dads Triglide and had opportunity to pass a truck on a 2 lane road. I was running in 4th at about 45 mph when I moved out and dropped it down into 3rd and was by the truck pretty quick.

If one is jonesing around in 6th gear at 70 mph their in the wrong gear. I find that 75 mph is the slowest one should be when into 6th gear.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:04 PM
robandlyn
Road Master

Like to get that power in a more usable area.
Maybe you should think about trading in the TG for one of these ?
You might need a new licence tho .... LOL ....
Rob .....

Attached Thumbnails Are you happy with TriGlide power-trike-cow.jpg  
Old 08-05-2009, 04:07 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Do you not realize how much weight you are packing? Key word: DOWNSHIFT.

I did a 1,161 mile trip, fully loaded (and I mean loaded) and had no problem with acceleration. You can't expect running in 6th gear and try to pass someone w/o shifting to 5th. (Even in a car one usually has to put in 'passing gear' (downshift) to pass.)

Old 08-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

Has plenty of power for me. I agree, downshift to pass. With the power commander V, I was leaving hubby in the dust with his 06 Ultra Classic. I have to stop that, as he will steal my trike more often!!

Quick Reply: Are you happy with TriGlide power