Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Anybody on here have a Toy Hauler?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 09:41 PM
kentuckydave
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at the rear ramp door lower corner to see if there is room to bring a cord inside the trailer and still be able to close the door without pinching the cord. I can do it on each corner of my trailer door without a problem. I know this is a temporary fix but you are not having to cut holes in your trailer either.

If you wire the trailer permanently be sure the 3rd bare wire ground is working and is connected. This is for your own safety. If the trailer is properly grounded and you get an electrical fault then the ground wire will carry enough current to immediately pop the circuit breaker or fuse. That is its purpose.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:40 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kentuckydave
Look at the rear ramp door lower corner to see if there is room to bring a cord inside the trailer and still be able to close the door without pinching the cord. I can do it on each corner of my trailer door without a problem. I know this is a temporary fix but you are not having to cut holes in your trailer either.

If you wire the trailer permanently be sure the 3rd bare wire ground is working and is connected. This is for your own safety. If the trailer is properly grounded and you get an electrical fault then the ground wire will carry enough current to immediately pop the circuit breaker or fuse. That is its purpose.
Good advice there Dave ... Thanks..

Old 07-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Philt
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kentuckydave

I'm going to check out the ramp door like you say. That will at least get me through this trip. Then I can take my time and check out to see the best way to wire it later. Thanks.
Phil

Old 07-26-2009, 11:05 AM
StonerGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Already have a 28 ft travel trailer so I am looking at a truck bed lift to put the scoot in back of pickup and then hook up the TT. Really nice to relax in your own space after riding.
Always looked at an enclosed trailer as a bare bones type camper. Thought about a simple lift and brace setup for having a decent sized bed that will stow out of the way. Real simple wiring for sat and a perm mount for dish. OH an if you wire her up for AC you can put a small swamp cooler type unit on the top for heat and AC. Strongly suggest if you camp in areas with no hook-ups that you look at a Honda EU 2000 or 3000 according to your needs. Quite as can be reliable, easy on gas and light. Can get a wheel kit even. Best money I ever spent on camp accessory I figured if I had a unit wide enough for two bikes and the trailer was v nose or rounded I could make the front section up as storage, place to hang clothes mabe even a port-a-potty area for the wife.
Trick is to make good use of the space the floor plan provides for and whether simple or elaborate you will probably be happy for what you are looking for.
Oh and watch for sharp ends or objects when using that high rise air mattress, even a small splinter from a wood floor can cause you to wake up ridin a little lower than you expected and an old moving blanket can help keep the cold from transferring from the floor to the air in the mattress as well as sharp stuff.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Mike.. what are you.. 6' 3 or 5? How can you fit on an air mattress? Oh, when you see RJ tell him I said hey.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:21 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by StonerGlide
<quote in-part> Already have a 28 ft travel trailer so I am looking at a truck bed lift to put the scoot in back of pickup and then hook up the TT. <quote in-part>

I saw a California company demo a Pick-up truck mount lift at the Laughlin River Run show this past spring. It sure lifted a two wheel Road King effortlessly and quickly! I’ll look to see if I still have any info on them.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Philt
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Stonerglide. Good information and advice.
Phil

Old 07-28-2009, 04:36 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Mike.. what are you.. 6' 3 or 5? How can you fit on an air mattress? Oh, when you see RJ tell him I said hey.
Will do Dave, was fun ridin with you folks the other week.

I used to be 6'7" but think I am shrinking with age! Even when I used to tent camp I had one of those walmart air beds that sit up on a fold out frame! None of that squatin donw on these old knees.

RJ is supposed to be up around Maggie Valley in mid August and we may cruise up to see them. At any rate he and the ol lady are ridin donw in September to our house and then we are headed to Thunder Beach for Fall rally. You should come with us!

Old 07-28-2009, 04:38 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Originally Posted by Philt
Thanks Stonerglide. Good information and advice.
Phil
Welcome Phil, yeah I got a head full of ideas...just no money to develop them into something I can quit my regular job over

Old 07-28-2009, 04:43 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Originally Posted by TheJimer
[/I][/B]

I saw a California company demo a Pick-up truck mount lift at the Laughlin River Run show this past spring. It sure lifted a two wheel Road King effortlessly and quickly! I’ll look to see if I still have any info on them.
I have done quite a bit of research on these units and found them anywhere from $600 all the way up to $2,500 + but will always take some further info.
Thanks Jim

Quick Reply: Anybody on here have a Toy Hauler?