Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Something New (Landingear)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:19 PM
mazzurco
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Something New (Landingear)

Anybody Know anything about this?
http://www.landingear.com/

Old 06-26-2009, 11:22 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by mazzurco
Anybody Know anything about this?
http://www.landingear.com/
Nope!! But I know a few guys that could use em leavin the bars!!!

Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 PM
mazzurco
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I Need it on the way to the bar.

Originally Posted by krwould
Nope!! But I know a few guys that could use em leavin the bars!!!
I need it on the way to the bar lost the left leg when some guy ran into me.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:41 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Learn something new every; day the Leg Up ad states… ”a trike is NOT a REAL motorcycle”!

I hope that his product works better than his marketing skills; take a look at his video,.I can see why this guy need "Traing Wheels"!

Jim

Last edited by TheJimer; 06-27-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:16 PM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just posted a question about this. I don't think the guy was trying ti **** off the trike riders.. he was just trying to say that a trike doesn't have the same riding characteristics as a motorcyle. So if you want to still have a motorcycle, but you can't hold it up during a stop this thing would give you that. If I had an issue with holding up a bike I'd look into this kind of a setup prior to buying a trike. I'm sure that the trikes are great riding machines, but they wouldn't be exactly the same as riding a two wheeled motorcycle.

Now please users of this product go post some feedback in my other thread. Thanks, Ralph

Originally Posted by TheJimer
Learn something new every; day the Leg Up ad states… ”a trike is NOT a REAL motorcycle”!

I hope that his product works better than his marketing skills; take a look at his video,.I can see why this guy need "Traing Wheels"!

Jim

Old 04-06-2010, 07:26 AM
turtleman57
Road Captain

I have bad knees, and have looked at a lot of different options, hurts like hell to hold up the UC, so I hacked it. Those things look like training wheels. JMHO

Old 04-06-2010, 07:40 AM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not a bad concept but I see it will reduce your lean angle slightly riding into curves riding. From looking at it, I would be afraid of it getting caught in a pot hole and bending the frame of the unit

As a amputee, I woulds also worry about how long will work. At some point it may not go down or retract then your in trouble.

Last edited by FLTR2008TRIKE; 04-06-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:30 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by TheJimer

Jim
Myself I wouldn't trust the little landing gear. If it malfunctions your going to look damn funny falling over. Not to mention if the poor sucker happens to stop next to a large pot hole that swallows the little wheel and once again you fall over. I get a kick out of those who say a trike is not a real motorcycle. Last time I checked you have Bicycle & Tricycle, now when you add a motor your have a motorized Bicycle & Tricycle or a motorized cycle... Motorcycle! Your right the guys marketing skills need some work.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:44 PM
scarygt
Road Master

Originally Posted by msocko3
Myself I wouldn't trust the little landing gear. If it malfunctions your going to look damn funny falling over. Not to mention if the poor sucker happens to stop next to a large pot hole that swallows the little wheel and once again you fall over. I get a kick out of those who say a trike is not a real motorcycle. Last time I checked you have Bicycle & Tricycle, now when you add a motor your have a motorized Bicycle & Tricycle or a motorized cycle... Motorcycle! Your right the guys marketing skills need some work.
You might be right about the quality of the product. But I would argue with you that your trike will not have the same geometry as a motorcycle.. it no longer steers like a motorcycle.. don't try to argue this because you know I'm right.

I'll give you that you do have a Harley trike so you are still on a cool ride... now if it was a Goldwing trike or BMW.. now that just wouldn't be cool anymore!

Old 04-08-2010, 03:12 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by scarygt
You might be right about the quality of the product. But I would argue with you that your trike will not have the same geometry as a motorcycle.. it no longer steers like a motorcycle.. don't try to argue this because you know I'm right.
You are correct it no longer steers like a 2 wheeler. It also looks like Websters needs to update the definition of motorcycle because trikes were not real wide spread back in 1896.

Quick Reply: Something New (Landingear)