Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Something New (Landingear)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:30 PM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Well if the chicks dig gray hair I sure hope I quit loosing it.
ha ha

Old 11-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Joanne1953
Stage III

I love riding my Dyna Glide but a permanant shoulder injury is keeping me off the bike because I've dropped it a couple of times. Can't afford a trike but I'm really interested in the leg up landing gear system. I've watched all of the videos I could find and i've read up on the system. Does anyone have it on their bike? Would love to talk to someone who has ridden with the system. Would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Joanne

Old 11-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Joanne1953
Stage III

I love riding my Dyna Glide but a permanant shoulder injury is keeping me off the bike because I've dropped it a couple of times. Can't afford a trike but I'm really interested in the leg up landing gear system. I've watched all of the videos I could find and i've read up on the system. Does anyone have it on their bike? Would love to talk to someone who has ridden with the system. Would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Joanne

Old 11-03-2012, 09:14 PM
PIGGI
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.trikealternative.com/

This one makes more sense

Old 11-03-2012, 10:19 PM
h-d wrencher
Stellar HDF Member
Received 833 Likes on 317 Posts

Maybe we should get back on track here. The Leg Up landing gear retracts up at certain rpm so it won't get caught in a pothole as stated earlier. You slow down, the wheels come down. You accelerate, the wheels go up. Can be leaned quite a bit before hitting the ground and the wheels are the first thing it hit. No trike feel when you are riding because you are on 2 wheels when in motion. Nice unit if you need it. In fact, a friend of mine has one for sale at about a third of the price of a new one. Took it off a used bike he bought. PM me if interested.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:12 AM
scentdogs
Stage I
Default Training Wheels

Hey guys, laugh and mock all you want but one day it could be you looking for "training wheels". The bikes are getting bigger and heavier for some of us old timers. My FLHT is about 725lbs. dry. Add 5 gallons of gas(weighs about 50 lbs.), oils, load the tour pack and bags, throw the old lady on for another 125 lbs., for a 2 week trip to Sturgis, about 3,000 miles one way for me.
In my sixties with various health and strength issues, think about how often you have to stop & go, for traffic, lights, etc. That's a lot of pressure on the old guys' back, legs and arms.
Trikes are cool looking and have a certain appeal for me but, they don't handle like a 2 wheeler and, a Roadsmith kit(my preferred) would end up costing me around $ 20,000 vs. this hook up for about $ 3,000 to $ 4,000. I can do a lot of riding and hotel stays for the difference of about $ 16,000. I only need the assist at low speeds, parking lots, stop lights, bar crawls etc. once on the move 2 wheels is not a problem.
I am definitely getting either the LandinGear or the Ghost Wheels. Doing my research now.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:07 AM
HarleyGTP
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by PIGGI
http://www.trikealternative.com/

This one makes more sense
I don't see how it "makes more sense". The ones in your link are larger, and seem to require more rider input.

The landing gear is a nice idea for wounded vets, injured persons, geriatrics, etc, etc.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:04 PM
tom w 5448
Cruiser

it aint a hover round. its still a Harley so its still cool. no geriatric comments cause I resemble that remark more each day.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:20 PM
Z glide
Stage I

Dose anyone have any actual experience with this product Other than impressions or opinion . 43 year on the road all busted up but I have a few more rides and 6 states on the list to do before I die , thanks

Old 09-01-2013, 08:31 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

I saw one(Landingear) mounted to a GW.It helped the rider with better balance when stopping and starting off.

These are last resorts before going to a trike,sidecar,Spyder or no ride at all.

Quick Reply: Something New (Landingear)