Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Something New (Landingear)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 08:14 AM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't understand why this thing turned personal, but in my opinion both sides took things a little further than they needed to go. one side perceived what was said and defended himself. the other side responded in kind and as such it escalated to the point of being personal. the thing that sucks about the typed/written word is that it is difficult to communicate emotion/humor/sarcasm. truth is, i like and appreciate scary coming in here, both for his breath of fresh air and his inquiries. but both sides, please don't turn our trike forum into what much of this forum has become...an argument over who a true biker is. i was one of those who pushed for our own trike thread and take pride in the fact that it has stayed a relatively positive and safe place to express our own opinions and questions.

clubs, cultures, colors, experience, location, miles, age, background...the members of the trike forum come from various backgrounds and experiences. would we all choose to hang out in person? probably not, but we all appreciate the opinions of the others here. let's keep this a cool, non-cliquish place to hang out.

jimer is an alright guy and has had many come to his defense so i don't feel the need to do so, but don't feel pushed to leave, scary. your questions and participation are welcome.

grimm

Old 04-10-2010, 01:59 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grimm
i don't understand why this thing turned personal, but in my opinion both sides took things a little further than they needed to go. one side perceived what was said and defended himself. the other side responded in kind and as such it escalated to the point of being personal. the thing that sucks about the typed/written word is that it is difficult to communicate emotion/humor/sarcasm. truth is, i like and appreciate scary coming in here, both for his breath of fresh air and his inquiries. but both sides, please don't turn our trike forum into what much of this forum has become...an argument over who a true biker is. i was one of those who pushed for our own trike thread and take pride in the fact that it has stayed a relatively positive and safe place to express our own opinions and questions.

clubs, cultures, colors, experience, location, miles, age, background...the members of the trike forum come from various backgrounds and experiences. would we all choose to hang out in person? probably not, but we all appreciate the opinions of the others here. let's keep this a cool, non-cliquish place to hang out.

jimer is an alright guy and has had many come to his defense so i don't feel the need to do so, but don't feel pushed to leave, scary. your questions and participation are welcome.

grimm
Thank you to all those that expressed kind words and I apologize for contributing to any upheaval on the forum!

I totally agree with grimm; in addition to all of the useful information exchanged in this section; I also enjoy the camaraderie and the fact that we all share the same passion for riding, be it on 2-wheels, a trike or a hack without getting into a peeing contest.

Without attempting to make any excuses, I’ll try to explain the thought process behind my post. I read a post from someone who I never saw post in the Hacked, Trike and Trailing Section before and make comments which I correctly or incorrectly “INTERPRETED” to be anti-trike. I thought to myself... “the audacity of a stranger coming into our backyard and making (what I perceived as) disparaging remarks”. Consequently, I reacted/overreacted and got defensive about a life style that I am truly extremely passionate about.

In retrospection; I see two issues here:
1) I could have conveyed my sincere heart felt passion for riding all modes of motorcycles without personalizing the message and directly addressing scary.

2) In reviewing every post in this thread, I suspect that I may have erroneously associated scary’s comments to the “A Trike is Not A Motorcycle” remark by the developer of Landing Gear.

I have spent my entire life being a “What You See Is What You Get” kind of guy and do have a propensity to speak my mind. Some times it gets me in trouble!

Old 04-10-2010, 02:41 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheJimer
Thank you to all those that expressed kind words and I apologize for contributing to any upheaval on the forum!

I have spent my entire life being a “What You See Is What You Get” kind of guy and do have a propensity to speak my mind. Some times it gets me in trouble!
Jim: I am basically the same as you. You get what you see. I agree to disagree and I am more than willing to take any trouble that comes my way because of my big mouth.

Old 04-10-2010, 03:25 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by TheJimer
I'll jump in line right behind you, I'm pretty much the same way. I'm fortunate I can ride both 2 wheels and 3 and get to take my pick on what I'm riding. Maybe I'm strange but I'm 45 years old and in pretty good health and for the most part could switch to riding all trike and for the most part not miss the 2 wheels. Since I have purchased my Triglide I find it a fun and comfortable ride.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:35 PM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for making the trike forum go through some drama. I'll probably never bother to ask for advice from this section of the forum again. I really was only asking for help so that I could in turn help someone in need. I'm so sorry that I defended the advertiser's comment about trikes, but I personally didn't interpret his comments as derogatory. I truely thought that he was just stating the obvious that trikes don't handle like a two wheeled bike.

Oh well... thanks to all of you that actually helped me in my other post.

Ralph

Old 04-13-2010, 09:15 PM
ErieBigDawg
Advanced

"Air in the hair", that's what matters".

Old 04-13-2010, 09:47 PM
scarygt
Road Master

Originally Posted by ErieBigDawg
"Air in the hair", that's what matters".
What if I don't have any hair? OMG I'm not a biker! LOL

Old 04-14-2010, 04:52 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Originally Posted by scarygt
What if I don't have any hair? OMG I'm not a biker! LOL
Don't worry, some folks thinks no hair makes you a biker. I know several folks that shave their head for the image or possibly to save money.I don't have much hair and what I do have is kind of gray.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:44 PM
scarygt
Road Master

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Don't worry, some folks thinks no hair makes you a biker. I know several folks that shave their head for the image or possibly to save money.I don't have much hair and what I do have is kind of gray.
The gray just adds character.. And chicks dig it!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:10 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Originally Posted by scarygt
The gray just adds character.. And chicks dig it!
Well if the chicks dig gray hair I sure hope I quit loosing it.

Quick Reply: Something New (Landingear)