Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Something New (Landingear)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 06:46 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scarygt
You might be right about the quality of the product. But I would argue with you that your trike will not have the same geometry as a motorcycle.. it no longer steers like a motorcycle.. don't try to argue this because you know I'm right.

I'll give you that you do have a Harley trike so you are still on a cool ride... now if it was a Goldwing trike or BMW.. now that just wouldn't be cool anymore!
Let me explain. Motorcycle is a cycle that is motorized. Bi is a 2 wheeled cycle and tri is a 3 wheeled cycle. So with that logic whether it has 2 or 3 wheels it is still considered a motorcycle.

A tricycle certainly handles differently than a bicycle. You steer a tricycle whereas you lean a bicycle.

Motorcycle does not denote 2 or 3 wheels. It can be either.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:46 AM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me explain this and make it clearer.There is only one motorcycle, HARLEY DAVIDSON.Any questions?

Old 04-08-2010, 10:49 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might be right about the quality of the product. But I would argue with you that your trike will not have the same geometry as a motorcycle.. it no longer steers like a motorcycle.. don't try to argue this because you know I'm right.

I'll give you that you do have a Harley trike so you are still on a cool ride... now if it was a Goldwing trike or BMW.. now that just wouldn't be cool anymore!
scargt; I "WILL" argue with you because it is obvious from your comments that you have no clue as to what riding is all about! Geometry; you’re kidding…right?

You seem to think that riding a bike is all about the steering… well if you believe that you know nothing about riding! How about the feel of the wind in your face, the feel of every bump in the road, the power of the acceleration, the feeling of adventure, the exuberance or just the peace of being on the open road just taking in the scenery? I have owned several convertibles and no open car has ever provided me with these same sensations

Most of us on this forum have logged a goodly number miles over many years on 2-wheels but for an assortment of reasons have decided to trade our two wheelers for three because the tikes and hacks still offer us the same thrill of riding that 2-wheelers did. We weren’t about to let macho egos or uninformed disparaging remarks endanger us or deprive us of doing something we love.

I sincerely hope that some day soon that you too will be fortunate to discover what riding is really all about; be it on 2-wheels, a trike or a hack.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:03 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Originally Posted by T K Glider
Let me explain this and make it clearer.There is only one motorcycle, HARLEY DAVIDSON.Any questions?
I certainly don't have any.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:16 PM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim you are such a whiner *** baby that I wouldn't like you even if you did ride only on two wheels. I've seen many of your post and you are pathetic. I've logged more miles in probably one year than you have in your entire life of riding so I'm pretty sure that I understand the feeling of wind in your face and the smells that you can experience only while riding a motorcycle. Do you put 30K a year on your bike... I bet you haven't done that in 4 years on your bike/trike.

I never really attacked someone for riding a trike.. i only stated that it doesn't handle the same as a two wheel motorcycle.. So go F off you little whiner bitch.

Now all of you other trike riders... I have no problems with you because you are not a whiney little biatch like the Jimmer is.

Have a great day, Scary

Originally Posted by TheJimer
scargt; I "WILL" argue with you because it is obvious from your comments that you have no clue as to what riding is all about! Geometry; you’re kidding…right?

You seem to think that riding a bike is all about the steering… well if you believe that you know nothing about riding! How about the feel of the wind in your face, the feel of every bump in the road, the power of the acceleration, the feeling of adventure, the exuberance or just the peace of being on the open road just taking in the scenery? I have owned several convertibles and no open car has ever provided me with these same sensations

Most of us on this forum have logged a goodly number miles over many years on 2-wheels but for an assortment of reasons have decided to trade our two wheelers for three because the tikes and hacks still offer us the same thrill of riding that 2-wheelers did. We weren’t about to let macho egos or uninformed disparaging remarks endanger us or deprive us of doing something we love.

I sincerely hope that some day soon that you too will be fortunate to discover what riding is really all about; be it on 2-wheels, a trike or a hack.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:06 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

I never really attacked someone for riding a trike.. i only stated that it doesn't handle the same as a two wheel motorcycle.. So go F off you little whiner bitch.
This is entirely uncalled for, Jim never once used language such as you have in his reply to your post. There must be something wrong with me, maybe I'm mellowing........ Hell no I'm not, why don't you go off into a corner some place and lick yourself you lowlife.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:42 AM
grandpawmoses
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scarygt,
I have followed this thread from the beginning & I too took the manufacturers statement about trikes not being motorcycles as a very poor choice of words. The bottom line is that he clearly intended for me to feel that a trike is inferior to a bike with training wheels. Normally I wouldn't give it a second thought but since it seems to have been turned into a verbal assault on Jim, I felt it only right to step up & state my two cents. The Jimer is a regular here & I always enjoy his posts and value his experiences & advice. He's a proven "stand-up" guy in my book and I have never heard him flame anyone.
scarygt, I don't know you but I suspect you're a good person that came here to ask for information about a product that you were already sold on. You defended the manufacturers statement that was perceived as a slap in the face to trikers on a triker forum----big mistake. I wish you well in your research but if you ask for info, it may not always be what you want to hear.
David

Old 04-09-2010, 09:47 AM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

A similar idea was sold for the GL1500 series of Goldwings a few years back. They looked a lot more like a set of training wheel which lowered in the rear. Same idea. I don't think they caught on as trikes were much more popular.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:39 PM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grandpawmoses
scarygt,
I have followed this thread from the beginning & I too took the manufacturers statement about trikes not being motorcycles as a very poor choice of words. The bottom line is that he clearly intended for me to feel that a trike is inferior to a bike with training wheels. Normally I wouldn't give it a second thought but since it seems to have been turned into a verbal assault on Jim, I felt it only right to step up & state my two cents. The Jimer is a regular here & I always enjoy his posts and value his experiences & advice. He's a proven "stand-up" guy in my book and I have never heard him flame anyone.
scarygt, I don't know you but I suspect you're a good person that came here to ask for information about a product that you were already sold on. You defended the manufacturers statement that was perceived as a slap in the face to trikers on a triker forum----big mistake. I wish you well in your research but if you ask for info, it may not always be what you want to hear.
David
Sorry Trike guys if I've offended any of you. David, If you search out all of my post you'll see that I've never once attacked anyone on this forum and I've been here for probably 4 years now.. I guess "TheJimmer" just rubbed me the wrong way with his comment and I guess I took it where it didn't need to go.

Jim, I apologize for attacking you personally, but I still don't care for you very much.

Now I'll post a new thread so that I can ask the Trike forum members about a differnt product that I'm researching for my friend's husband.

Sincerely, Ralph

Old 04-10-2010, 06:45 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Sorry Trike guys if I've offended any of you. David, If you search out all of my post you'll see that I've never once attacked anyone on this forum and I've been here for probably 4 years now.. I guess "TheJimmer" just rubbed me the wrong way with his comment and I guess I took it where it didn't need to go.

Jim, I apologize for attacking you personally, but I still don't care for you very much.

Now I'll post a new thread so that I can ask the Trike forum members about a differnt product that I'm researching for my friend's husband.

Sincerely, Ralph
Ralph: You didn't offend me but I take exception to the way you attacked Jim. I find Jim very helpful, and a fountain of knowledge. I consider Jim a friend and you attacked him in my opinion for no reason. I for one have never met Jim and that is one thing that I certainly want to do if in my travels we can meet up. Us trikers who in some folks feeble mind do not ride a motorcycle, are a tight group of folks. Most folks in this thread are very, very, knowledgeable and can be very helpful.

I'm going to be very interested to see how much help you get from the members in this trike forum about a different product.

Have a nice day and ride SAFE.

Last edited by oldmsocko; 04-10-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Something New (Landingear)