Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

reverse problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 03:52 AM
triked
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Triked: Did you ever have the reverse fixed so that it is operational?? Mine goes back to the dealer tomorrow so we'll see what happens. Did your dealer ever give you a reason why it tried to go into reverse??
Yes it was fixed. they replace the reverse modul under the seat. I have done the testing ie rain and water. So far so good. This was done several thousand miles ago.

The tape was done by the dealer while waiting for the part. When you have a trip i wasnt going to postpone the trip.

I rec ently found out the 2010 part number is different than the 2009 one.

Does anhy one know, if moco moved the reverse module from under the seat to another location?

Old 09-11-2009, 04:09 AM
triked
Banned

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Triked: Did you ever have the reverse fixed so that it is operational?? Mine goes back to the dealer tomorrow so we'll see what happens. Did your dealer ever give you a reason why it tried to go into reverse??
The only explanation was the water got into unit and thus caused the reverse to by pass the switch. I have not checked an electrical diagram.

the locationn directly under the passenger seat where the water can drain down on to the unit and sit on the breaker was not the brightest engineering design. You pop the breaker and have to remove the seat to reset the breaker.

After this incedent, I did purchase seat cover to put on when i would stop for short period of time while riding in the rain. Before this reverse incident I would always cover trike while overnight parking. I know the additional protection costs $. So far so good. The trike is at least going forward when it is supposed to.

Hope they get it right on the 2010.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:47 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote=triked;5564612]Yes it was fixed. they replace the reverse modul under the seat. I have done the testing ie rain and water. So far so good. This was done several thousand miles ago.

The tape was done by the dealer while waiting for the part. When you have a trip i wasnt going to postpone the trip.

I rec ently found out the 2010 part number is different than the 2009 one.

Does anhy one know, if moco moved the reverse module from under the seat to another location?[/quote]

I am NOT 100% certain but it seems to me that I heard that they relocated the braker to the side panel. Maybe someone with a 2010 can confirm this.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts
Old 09-11-2009, 03:40 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't get on pg 66. I think the Reverse mod was moved to under the side cover. I know for a fact the Breaker was. I don't like to assume the modular was. This is on the 2010 models. There was a post on the 2010 TG changes. Any one remember the post it was on all the technical changes on the 2010 HD Models. Wish I had a printer was a good post.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Here ya go carlo

Attached Thumbnails reverse problems-image1.jpg  
Old 09-11-2009, 05:25 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Here ya go carlo
Thank you Mr Wizard

Old 10-30-2009, 03:56 PM
older 'n dirt
Stage III

I have a 2010 and the breaker and stuff is relocated to the exuast side under the pull-off panel below the seat. It say's:" waterproff" on it. Also this the area where the shocks air is adjusted. I run 20 psi. 2-up run 50 psi per the book. (Probably put the reverse breaker there near the exuast to keep it dried out, hahaha)

Old 10-31-2009, 07:02 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Any electrical connections that I feel the need to water proof. I just use liquid bandage. very protective and easy to get apart if need be.

hey wiz, I know you'll read this. Were gettin close!

Old 10-31-2009, 07:33 AM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

I wonder if HD will replace the 09 reverse relay with the 2010 part and reposition it?

Quick Reply: reverse problems