Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Letter To H.D Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheJimer
Running Hot: At least this time she admitted that the newer engines do run a little hotter than the older models (in our previous conversation she claimed that this was the first they are hearing of the running hot issue) but basically said that it going to very from region to region based upon ambient temperatures and that there was nothing that they could do about it.
Ah, yes, the pat answer that came out when the 96" came out. People complained about the heat and H-D said there was no heat problem with the engine.

Then they came out with the 2 plastic pieces you mount between your legs to take care of the heat that never existed in the first place.

And didn't they come out with a map they loaded on the bike to help with this same nonexistent problem? I know I took mine in for them to load something onto it. Took all of 15 minutes.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:23 PM
dpmccan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wife's trike is getting a new trunk seal today(Wed-15Jul). Be interesting to see if it works. Opened the trunk on Sunday after riding, and half of it came out the door! Good thing we were already scheduled to have it replaced because of leaking.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dpmccan
Wife's trike is getting a new trunk seal today(Wed-15Jul). Be interesting to see if it works. Opened the trunk on Sunday after riding, and half of it came out the door! Good thing we were already scheduled to have it replaced because of leaking.
I wish I could explain how my hubby fixed my trunk, but it cost us next to nothing and probably an hours worth of work. Went on a long trip last week and got caught in rain and the trike got rained on at least 2 nights of downpours. Plus we stopped at a car wash and pressure washed it. NOT A single drop of water. YEA!!! And the trunk now closes with just a little push. It is much more to it than just putting in new gaskets. The door latches are crooked and the trunk door doesn't match the trunk opening. Pictures would do no good though, as all you can see is the black rubber sealant. If anyone is interested in talking to my hubby, PM me and I get him to email you.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:52 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dpmccan
I guess that I’m a little surprised that dealers are still doing “the old gasket fix!”

As I stated in post #09 of this thread; when I spoke with Heidi at H.D customer service, she indicated that they were aware that the two previous gasket fixes did NOT resolve the trunk leaking problem and that they would be announcing a final fix in the very near future. To the best of my knowledge they have NOT introduced that (#3) fix yet.

dpmccan, when you pick up your TG, please ask the service manager what “fix” they did (1-2 or <3?>) and post the success of the fix.

Thank you!

Last edited by TheJimer; 07-15-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Glyder
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I aint even gonna bother. I took it over to dealer with a trunkfull so it would be documented......fix it when they get a real FIX!