Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

600 Miles and 29 Mods I had to Have

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 09:36 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you get the rear bumper ? I didn't see it on the list. Or is that the trunk rail guard?

Last edited by carlo; 05-10-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:50 PM
PopDukes
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you all recommend as the best air performance kit and exhaust system for the TG? The exhaust not to be tooooo loud! :-)

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Pops

Old 05-11-2009, 04:33 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PopDukes
What do you all recommend as the best air performance kit and exhaust system for the TG? The exhaust not to be tooooo loud! :-)

Pops
As far as exhaust I put on the SE 4" exhaust. It is 50 state compliant and gives the trike a nice deep rumble. It is not too loud as I am not into loud.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:35 AM
PopDukes
Cruiser

Thanks, socko. Been between anf Vance & Hines and SE. Did you see much performance change or reduced pinging?

Did you change your air filter?

Old 05-11-2009, 07:18 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carlo
Did you get the rear bumper ? I didn't see it on the list. Or is that the trunk rail guard?
Carlo, #20 on my list is the Chrome Rear Trunk Rail Guard which is what you are calling a bumper. I suspect that Harley does not call it a bumper for legal compliance reasons!

That Chrome Rail really wakes up the back end of the trike!

Jim

Old 05-11-2009, 07:24 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, socko. Been between anf Vance & Hines and SE. Did you see much performance change or reduced pinging?

Did you change your air filter?
At this point in time I haven't changed my air filter. I don't know if there was any performance difference because I changed the exhaust before I rode it. I'm not sure if they have a down load yet if you change the air cleasner.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:41 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pops
Pops, I think that “LOUD” or “TOOOO LOUD” is extremely subjective and opinions are going to very from person to person!

I installed Vance and Hines 2” Ovals on my Tri-Glide and to my ear was a little disappointed that they are not a little louder. When I was at the Laughlin River Run, I stopped by the Vance and Hines trailer and they demoed the 2” Oval on a Road King two wheeler and they sounded like what I was looking for.

What I failed to take into consideration is that on the Road King the Muffler is more exposed; whereas, on the Tri-Glide the muffler is lower to the ground and sitting under the trunk which I believe mutes the sound a little.

I believe that being heard is just as important as see and be seen and therefore a safety issue with me! In this part of the country everyone drives with their windows up and their A.C. blasting for 7 months of the year.

Jim

Old 05-11-2009, 08:20 PM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 413 Likes on 220 Posts

On my wife's tri glide we did the Vance & Hines, stage I air cleaner, and down load. Completely different power plant. Highly recomend at least that. Thought stock was a dog compared to my Ultra 95" with cams. The TG gets cams this fall.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:00 PM
PopDukes
Cruiser

Thank you for all your advice.

socko, my dealer said the new MAP they recently installed will not require a change if I change the air cleaner and pipes.

plum, is the Vance & Hines a better choice of the SE Air Cleaner Kit? My dealer was suggesting the SE.

The rear guard does make a difference as well as the chrome fender guards. Have attached a recent picture. Hope to have more and angles posted soon.

Thanks again, all. Will keep you posted on my decision. Probably order something this week? Off to Europe for two weeks. Sadly, my time on the bike is somewhat limited as I travel extensivley each month. :-)

Attached Thumbnails 600 Miles and 29 Mods I had to Have-pops_tg-sm.jpg  
Old 05-12-2009, 08:14 AM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 413 Likes on 220 Posts

V&H slip ons were cheaper then the SE and sound about the same. SE air kit

Thank you for all your advice.

socko, my dealer said the new MAP they recently installed will not require a change if I change the air cleaner and pipes.

plum, is the Vance & Hines a better choice of the SE Air Cleaner Kit? My dealer was suggesting the SE.

The rear guard does make a difference as well as the chrome fender guards. Have attached a recent picture. Hope to have more and angles posted soon.

Thanks again, all. Will keep you posted on my decision. Probably order something this week? Off to Europe for two weeks. Sadly, my time on the bike is somewhat limited as I travel extensivley each month. :-)

Quick Reply: 600 Miles and 29 Mods I had to Have