Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Windshields and rain

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 05:16 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhorsepilot
Msoko and Keystone......I can let go if going straight. I do all the time to lift my shield or put it down. But it has to be on my timing, not approaching bikes. I do not take my hands off in a curve and that seems to be when I get hit with the waves!!! I will wave on a straight away if the crown of the road isn't throwing me around.
I didn't experience any problems taking a hand off the bars in a curve. Just have to get used to using the hand that is still on the bars to keep the pressure on while traveling around the curve. Does the problem seem to be the bike wanting to straighten out or dive deeper into the curve? If its wanting to straighten out you have to maintain the push or pull on the bars with the hand you still have on the bar. If its diving in deeper then you might be over correcting and pushing or pulling to hard.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:23 PM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't wave very often, either. only if going straight. of course...my problem is a little different than yours. ; )

grimm

Old 04-10-2009, 02:02 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by grimm
i don't wave very often, either. only if going straight. of course...my problem is a little different than yours. ; )

grimm
LMAO! I'm sure if you give the one finger way. It was surely deserved!

RJ

Old 04-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by msocko3
I didn't experience any problems taking a hand off the bars in a curve. Just have to get used to using the hand that is still on the bars to keep the pressure on while traveling around the curve. Does the problem seem to be the bike wanting to straighten out or dive deeper into the curve? If its wanting to straighten out you have to maintain the push or pull on the bars with the hand you still have on the bar. If its diving in deeper then you might be over correcting and pushing or pulling to hard.
Hubby doesn't have a problem either. It isn't the bike. It's just me learning to ride the trike. I am just not that confident yet. It's getting there though. I am just very cautious at this point. A NEWBIE

Old 04-11-2009, 09:11 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hubby doesn't have a problem either. It isn't the bike. It's just me learning to ride the trike. I am just not that confident yet. It's getting there though. I am just very cautious at this point. A NEWBIE
Take your time. Waving is not that important. I also have no problem waving. If I did I sure would not wave.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

For a long time Wifey wouldn't wave when she first started to ride a bike. Now she will give you the "your #1 salute" and the air horn if you pull out in front of her.

Gheeee, I love that woman. LOL

Old 04-11-2009, 12:16 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
For a long time Wifey wouldn't wave when she first started to ride a bike. Now she will give you the "your #1 salute" and the air horn if you pull out in front of her.

Gheeee, I love that woman. LOL

GOOD for her. The "#1 salute" and air horn is just what is needed.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:47 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

How many of you look through your windshield and not over it on the Trikes?

I put a lower one on mine, but I still look through it. I mean I can't even stretch up and see over it. I really don't want a lower one because of wind buffeting. But I got caught in a little rain last week and I can tell I will have a hard time seeing if I get caught in anything heavier. Any suggestions?
One suggestion for something to help with the rain is http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US I've had the chance to use it once so far and it seems to do a pretty decent job. I put it on both the windshield and my face shield.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:21 PM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 12 inch on mine and the wife sure does like it. It help keep her head from buffeting when she sits behind me. I have no buffeting at all and it keeps most of the rain off me.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:36 AM
FLGEEZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She went from this to this; Stock HD 12" to Clearview 8" recurve. Couldn't see thru in the rain before, now only Hail and Rocks get thru.

Attached Thumbnails Windshields and rain-09price-r1-065-31.jpg   Windshields and rain-clearview-06jun07.jpg