Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Decided on some speaker pods for the sidecar

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:36 AM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can't pull up the photo on this CPU but I am sure it looks great given how good your bike/SC looks.

Having those rear speakers on both my Ultra's makes a difference for sure. Not so sure how much more of a difference for me having the speakers in the SC makes. Being it has a volume and such my wife says she doesn't turn it up too much because the 4 speakers on the bike are plenty loud for her. I imagine speakers in the fairing alone isn't enough.

Last edited by badinfluence63; 02-19-2009 at 03:39 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by badinfluence63
can't pull up the photo on this CPU but I am sure it looks great given how good your bike/SC looks.

Having those rear speakers on both my Ultra's makes a difference for sure. Not so sure how much more of a difference for me having the speakers in the SC makes. Being it has a volume and such my wife says she doesn't turn it up too much because the 4 speakers on the bike are plenty loud for her. I imagine speakers in the fairing alone isn't enough.
I have speakers on my tour pack too but only install the pack when I take my wife and daughter on a ride. Otherwise it stays removed.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:55 AM
lostarnes
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Abnmarine,

I sent you a private message a while back. I am still waiting on my Liberty to arrive but was curious if you could share information on how the electrical and brake hook-ups went? Were there any connectors provided or was it all cut and splice? How about the brakes? Are you using the stock master cylinder or did you change to one with a different piston size?

Old 02-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by lostarnes
Hey Abnmarine,

I sent you a private message a while back. I am still waiting on my Liberty to arrive but was curious if you could share information on how the electrical and brake hook-ups went? Were there any connectors provided or was it all cut and splice? How about the brakes? Are you using the stock master cylinder or did you change to one with a different piston size?
The wiring needs to be tapped into the bike wires. I already had a isolator installed for towing a trailer and just wired them into here. This harness is located under the seat.

The spotlight was tapped into the harness under the fairing. I used the stock MC but they provided the parts needed to allow the sidecar brakes to be added. None of the install was hard. Most time consuming item was installing the triple trees.

Also, the wiring harnesses have a quick disconnect in case needing to remove the car.