Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Deposit on Tri-Glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008 | 06:52 PM
BinIdaho
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Nevar
Saw a Tri Glide to day at suffolk HD. It was sold the day it hit the floor
38K out the door. Damn
Whoa....the price on mine is up to $32,000 (not including prep/doc/tax/etc). Bailing out of the stock market to buy....figured it'd be close to 40K. Now, where to find a spot in the garage

Old 12-25-2008 | 08:56 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Spudster
msocko: Nice photo....good to see what mine will look like in a couple months! I'd like to hear more from your dad about how it handles, etc. Hope I have the same smiles on my face.
Can't help with the handling since his went into a enclosed trailer at the dealers and was delivered to his garage where it has sat due to living in NE Ohio. Right now we are working in a bunch of bolt on chrome and a chrome front end. The only comment we have had about the handling is from the mechanic who did the setup. The dealer hired him away from another dealer because he was the man who did their Lehman conversions and worked on Trikes. He commented that the Triglide was the best handling and riding trike he has been on. He did say that low gear should be a little lower because it takes more to get it rolling than a normal 2 wheel bike due to the extra weight and rotating mass of the rear wheels.

I see some folks are running across dealers that are jacking up the price above MSRP. The dealer my dad bought from Erie Harley Davidson sells all bikes even CVO's at MSRP plus freight and setup. They have sold both their Triglides. I want one so I put a deposit down on a 2010 to make sure I could get my hands on one.

Last edited by msocko3; 12-25-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-25-2008 | 09:40 AM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

Barbara,
I just got my TriGlide last weekend. IT is awesome. I have only "practiced" at the small airport here so far. But the handling is great. You will love it. I am not used to the power and my other bike is a Ridley that is an automatic, so learning how and when to shift, etc.
Mine is Vivd Black, but I saw a lady on a Red Sunglow when we went to pick up mine. It was absolutely gorgeous and it changes shades of color according to the sunlight. Gonna go ride here in a few.

Old 12-25-2008 | 10:53 AM
BinIdaho
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ironhorsepilot
Barbara,
I just got my TriGlide last weekend. IT is awesome. I have only "practiced" at the small airport here so far. But the handling is great. You will love it. I am not used to the power and my other bike is a Ridley that is an automatic, so learning how and when to shift, etc.
Mine is Vivd Black, but I saw a lady on a Red Sunglow when we went to pick up mine. It was absolutely gorgeous and it changes shades of color according to the sunlight. Gonna go ride here in a few.
Ironhorsepilot, Good to hear about the handling. Can't get too excited as we've got lots of that white crap on the ground.

Old 12-27-2008 | 11:16 PM
dw2169
Road Captain
Smile

Barbara, your gonna love your new ride. I bet you are excited. It will be so exciting when you take your first ride. Make sure you warn others around you about being blinded by your smile.Good Luck and by the way I luv the color.

Old 12-28-2008 | 08:11 AM
dwhite74
Advanced

one of my riding friends just took delievry of one..i seen it last night....same color....looks great..the rear bumper makes the machine look awesome......enjoy

Old 12-29-2008 | 07:27 AM
bdn56
Road Captain

Barbara, I knew you would be back. Congrats on the new bike order. I couldn't wait.
I have been sneaking my 08 Ultra out a few times. My wife and doctor are not very happy. We have been in the 70's this past week. Riding is great.
Rode to Stockton, Al. Saturday for a good meal and to see hundreds of other riders and all kinds of bikes.
It sure feels good to be on 2 wheels again.

Old 12-29-2008 | 05:14 PM
BinIdaho
|
Stellar HDF Member

bdn....you're riding two wheels? Congrats.

I was eyeballing an '03 Ultra w/sidecar at the dealer.....will go look at it closer tomorrow. The price is $28,000 which I think is a little high.

Sounds like I need to wait for the tri-glide from the great comments above.....

Old 12-30-2008 | 10:13 AM
bdn56
Road Captain

Kelly Blue Book on a 2003 Ultra is around $14,000. If you are lucky. That does seem on the high side. Options really add up but you don't get it back when you sell.
I would wait for the Tri-Glide. I have not heard of too many bugs in it.
A HD dealer had a 103 kit for sale on ebay for $600.00. I wonder if the labor would be about the same ? I wish it was my birthday?

I am trying to be very careful not to put any extra weight on my right leg. I would hate to see the screws pop out all over the place. I have put on almost 1000 miles the past 2 weeks. My wife will not ride with me until I get the conversion.

Old 12-30-2008 | 11:13 AM
BinIdaho
|
Stellar HDF Member

bdn, good comments and seriously thinking of waiting for tri-glide. Price too high on '03 ultra w/sidecar.

Weather not conducive to riding around here anyway!

Quick Reply: Deposit on Tri-Glide