Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Wife ordered a Frankenstein axle

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Delmar
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Lowline for the pics and your experiance with the trike axle install. I have yet to hear any bad opinions about this product and will be putting in my order for the wifes bike. She is only 5' tall and the three wheel option is the only way to go. I will feel alot better knowing she is as safe as can be when riding with this axle configuration.

Thanks Grimm for your input. Sounds like this axle is really well built for the application.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:24 PM
lowline
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The trike rides so sweet. The guys are every bit as good as Grimm says at Frankenstein. It took me about 7 hours by myself to install the rear end. Just make sure you have a good torque wrench that will go to 100 ft lbs.

Last edited by lowline; 10-13-2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 10-13-2008, 10:28 PM
lowline
Cruiser

Originally Posted by lowline
The trike rides so sweet. The guys are every bit as good as Grimm says at Frankenstein. It took me about 7 hours by myself to install the rear end. Just make sure you have a good torque wrench that will go to 100 ft lbs.
**** guys I showed my wife this post and she explained i needed to clarify something......She did help put the exhaust back on.I wanted to use the original exhaust and needed help getting the stock rear exhaust bracket on the bike......Am I WHIPPED or what??? Actually Lori helps work on all the bikes,she works our cows with me and without that woman I would be an unhappy camper. She is the best!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:45 AM
FBTRIKE
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know what they say.......behind every good man...

I know, I know.......the ladies will say what do you mean.......behind?

OK.........beside every good man......

Old 10-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Philt
Road Master

Hi! I'm thinking about a trike kit for myself, and I'm having a lot of trouble decidiing what kit I might like. There are so many different ones out there and I just don't know. I have a Road King and I would be converting it. Can I ask you what made you decide on this kit? Any input would be appreciated.
Phil

Old 10-18-2008, 06:51 PM
lowline
Cruiser

After researching all available axles and talking to Grimm, I contacted Daiel at Frankenstein. I thought they were very helpful and I liked the way the axle looked. After receiving it and installing the axle and the rest of the kit I was very impressed. Since we have been riding the trike my wife is so happy with the ride and stability. Trikes are really alot of fun to ride, try it you may like it.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Philt
Road Master

Thanks for the input. I may be trying to put one together this winter if I can arrange my finances in time. I like the looks of that axle as welll. That is one thing that appealed to me as well. It sounds like it was pretty easy to put together. If you got good experiences working with them. that means a lot too.
Phil

Old 10-25-2008, 05:06 PM
oscar123
Stage III
Default like your trike

Originally Posted by lowline
As you can see the trike is not painted yet or completly finished but it is rideable and I will complete it this winter. Lori loves riding it and as of now does not wanted it raked. The trike steers very easily and rides great. I will tighten up the front tire end play a bit and tighten up the tree bearings, just to help with some of the low end wobble. The wobble is not hardly noticeable.
Well I have been researching too for a trike kit. I will be ordering my 34" trike kit from frankenstein for my 2001 Softail Duece. I am glad to find on here that you like your trike. So I don't need the easy steer I guess? I am also a woman and my husband is really good with motorcycles and he will be building it for me, with my help of course!!LOL Can't wait!!!!! Thanks for the info on here, your trike looks great!

Robenette

Old 10-25-2008, 09:48 PM
lowline
Cruiser

You will like the kit and it really is easy to install. Good luck and send pictures when you're done or while working on it.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Philt
Road Master

Hey, have you painted the trike yet? Have you got any updated pictures? How does she like it?
Phil

Quick Reply: Wife ordered a Frankenstein axle