Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

trailering

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Grayhawk
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailering

How big of a difference is there in pulling a piggy backer trailer and like a Bushtec r something on that level?&nbsp\\; The Piggy Backer weighs 170 pounds empty and pulls pretty good.&nbsp\\; However, this is the only trailer I have ever pulled behind my stock 05 ultra.&nbsp\\; I just got back from a 1500 mile roundtrip pulling the piggy backer.&nbsp\\; For some reason, it could all be in my head but, it seems like pulling the triler strais the bike and I really don't want to hurt the motor.&nbsp\\; what are your thoughts?

Old 07-07-2008, 07:47 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: trailering

the bushtec turbo II is 125 lbs empty.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; the taller the tire, the easier the trailer rolls and isn't as affected with chuck holes as a smaller tire trailer is.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I've not pulled a piggy backer so can only relate my experience with the Bushtec.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Other that starting and stopping with the trailer fully loaded, that is the only time you can tell the trailer is back there.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; it corners great and is not affected with bumps since it does not bounce due to the design of the suspension.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I'd recommend you maybe check your tongue weight.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Believe the recommendation is 10% of the total trailer weight (trailer and load).&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;