Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Aluma Trailers

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 05:54 PM
LarryInEastTn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluma Trailers

Is anybody else pulling one? I've had mine for about 9K miles, to & from places like Lake Erie, &all the way to Key West, and haven't had any issues with it. It was fairly low priced when you compare it to some of the others. It's the only way to travel IMHO. I've got the MCT, but there is a bigger one. It is a good step into trailering for someone not sure if it's how they want to travel.

http://www.alumaklm.com/sections/pro...uct_category=2

Old 04-29-2008, 06:32 PM
RoadkillRon
Cruiser
Default RE: Aluma Trailers

I'm not pulling one but I want to. The dealer closest to me doesn't have em in stock to look overand quoted me 2k for the small one and 2250 for the big one. What do you think about that $$$ Larry?

Old 04-30-2008, 02:41 AM
LarryInEastTn
Cruiser

I got mine from Allstate Trailers in Knoxville, who is a distributor for Aluma, so it was cheaper than a dealer(they supply dealers). IIRC I got it for $1400-1500, I'll look for the paperwork. That included TN's outrageous sales tax too. I'm very happy with mine & can't imagine what anyone would need the large one for. I've packed 10 days clothes for two, tent, tools, two extra helmets, and enough gear for any weather possibility, not to mention the cooler & beer, and still had room.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:41 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Bought a 2008 model MCT this winter. With the spare I payed $1600 +TTL for mine.

It was fairly low priced when you compare it to some of the others.

That is exactly what I thought too. Extremly well made too.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:46 PM
LarryInEastTn
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: RoadkillRon
The dealer closest to me doesn't have em in stock to look over

BTW, if you get near E. TN, or maybe Biketoberfest this year, PM me & I'll be happy to hook mine up & meet you someplace so you can eyeball it. It was probably the best accessory I've ever bought.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:25 PM
RoadkillRon
Cruiser

Sweet, I'm going to go visit my friends in Chicago sometime this summer, maybe Ill swing by

Old 05-01-2008, 07:40 PM
LarryInEastTn
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: RoadkillRon

Sweet, I'm going to go visit my friends in Chicago sometime this summer, maybe Ill swing by
I'll be passing through Chicago on my way to the 105th. Won't have the trailer though. It's going to be a hard blast there, party, and a hard run home, without the SO too.<g>

Old 05-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Watkinst
Advanced

Hey Larry,

I'll be heading down to your neck of the woods next week. I'm taking a trip to Maggie Valley NC and plan on trailering my scoot on my new MC10 that I just purchased last month. And get this. I purchased it at a local hardware store here in Maryland. Glad to here the positive comments though. You never know until you start towing...

Old 05-11-2008, 05:15 PM
LarryInEastTn
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Watkinst
Hey Larry,
I'll be heading down to your neck of the woods next week. I'm taking a trip to Maggie Valley NC and plan on trailering my scoot on my new MC10 that I just purchased last month. And get this. I purchased it at a local hardware store here in Maryland. Glad to here the positive comments though. You never know until you start towing...
Here is some info I posted in another thread. You might find it useful while you are in this area. BTW while you are in Maggie Valley be sure to go see the wheels through time museum. It will be closing this Aug or Sep for good. It is a must see!!!

https://www.hdforums.com/m.asp?m=329...page=1&key=