Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Bike and Trailer set ups. (Let's see the pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 08:36 PM
smackdab
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

abnmarine, I was at the Rollahome shop last week. Just missed you by a few days. I was very impressed with the trailer, ma's a harder sell. I've been hauling a Time-Out, had a Travelite before that. Have you had a chance to use it yet? Looks like the answer to some of the things I don't like about the Time Out.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Gummiente
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My '07 Road Glide with Starlight 19 cargo trailer. Just got back from the first trip with it, a 5,000km+ vacation to Canada's east coast, and it handled great.

Attached Thumbnails  Bike and Trailer set ups. (Let's see the pics)-13jul08trailer.jpg  
Old 09-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smackdab
abnmarine, I was at the Rollahome shop last week. Just missed you by a few days. I was very impressed with the trailer, ma's a harder sell. I've been hauling a Time-Out, had a Travelite before that. Have you had a chance to use it yet? Looks like the answer to some of the things I don't like about the Time Out.
I've only set it up for others to see it. We will put it to use within two months. I'm really waiting for my sidecar to arrive before we take the trailer out. We also are still buying a few camping supplies so that we are ready.

It's a really nice unit. I was impressed by the attention to detail they put into it. The extended bed, 12" wheels and accessible storage is what sold me on this model.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:58 AM
BezerkoBob
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Anyone have any experience with Piggybacker trailers? They look pretty good on their website, but have not seen on in person yet to determine the quality. Thought about buildinig one, but by the time I finish it the way I want it, I'll probably have $700 plus invested.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:28 PM
stvmike
Cruiser
Default Piggybacker

I've looked at them on line and saw one at Wisconson Harley Davidson last week. It looked pretty nice for the price that they sell them at.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:23 PM
lblax
Tourer

anyone ever pull the small cargo trailers with a sportster

Old 09-09-2008, 04:50 PM
mark2flhtci
Intermediate

I just got back from pulling my 300lb pop-up camping trailer 1300mi with my 2008 Ultra, and it sucked. My stock 2000 88 Classic 5sp would pull circles around this 96 6sp. Taking off had to slip clutch and interstate driving had to wind engine up to run in 5th gear, not enough power to pull 6th gear.
I'm wanting to gear down to where 1st gear on this would be about the same as 1st gear with a 5sp. I would rather change engine sprocket and clutch sprocket rather than changing tranny sprocket if possible.
Anybody have any ideas?

Old 09-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by mark2flhtci
I just got back from pulling my 300lb pop-up camping trailer 1300mi with my 2008 Ultra, and it sucked. My stock 2000 88 Classic 5sp would pull circles around this 96 6sp. Taking off had to slip clutch and interstate driving had to wind engine up to run in 5th gear, not enough power to pull 6th gear.
I'm wanting to gear down to where 1st gear on this would be about the same as 1st gear with a 5sp. I would rather change engine sprocket and clutch sprocket rather than changing tranny sprocket if possible.
Anybody have any ideas?
That would work. Have you done anything else to the engine?

My camper weighed 370 and my 98" and Baker 6 speed didn't have any problems. I did have to downshift into 5th when climbing a couple mountains but I expected that. Now the 124" shouldn't require this.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:03 PM
davep
Cruiser

I received a swival hitch to install on my Aluma trailer...The hitch is about 1/16" to wide for the channel. How did you get it to fit???? (A big Hammer)?? Thanks for the info..

Old 12-29-2008, 11:17 PM
m.breen
Advanced

I have a '93 sportster 1200 and pull a trailer. The trailer weighs just under 150 lbs empty.

Quick Reply: Bike and Trailer set ups. (Let's see the pics)