Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

How many ride hacks AND 2-wheelers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:26 AM
celticgent
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many ride hacks AND 2-wheelers?

My wife really wants me to have a hack for her and the dog. I currently have an '07 XL1200R that I put a nice mustang seat with pillion and a tall sissybar on it. She isalot more comfortable than she was with the stock setup but still wants to take the dog with us (small terrier). I am NOT going to hack my bike because I love it just the way it is.

But she has always wanted a Road King with a hack. I think it would be fun as well, but I don't know if we can afford it. We'll have to see in the future. I might talk her into something cheaper like an Ural or maybe buying another sporty and adding a hack...

I know that I plan on having a 2-wheeler no matter what, for commuting and FUN. I MOSTLY ride alone, so the Hack would probably be used only on weekends or evenings when she felt like riding in it. She doesn't ride that much on the back of my bike, so that and the high cost of what she wants has kind of made me less than anxious to pull the trigger on buying and learning how to drive a hack.

But back to the topic:

How many of you here ride a hack sometimes and a 2-wheeler other times? Do you find it hard or odd to switch back and forth?

Old 03-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: How many ride hacks AND 2-wheelers?

I am fortunate enough to have both. I have My Ultra with the hack on for the real long trips, as in more than 2 weeks, and then my other 2, yes, 2 two wheelers to ride the short stuff. Planning a 2 week ride this summer and it will be on the Ultra without the hack.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:24 AM
chrisflhtc
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm lucky I also have a FXRD in addition to my FLHTC/Hannigan.I just have to remember to put my feet down. it takes a while to switch mental gears.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Yep, I had the same fear after our 4 week trip last summer. Just knew when I got back on two wheels I would forget at the first stop and fall over. Fortunately, that didn't happen.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:24 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup, my priorities have been screwed up all my life so I have an flh and an flhtcui w/ sidecar. The sidecar and bike are a recent purchase of about 7 months or so. And its a growing, learn as you go experience. You don't just jump on a bike with a sidecar, that can kill ya unless you remember these 3 words, take it slow.

When I shift back to my 2 wheeled deal its no big deal as thats what I been used to for about 37 years now. The sidecar bike still takes a conscious effort. Its my contribution to my grandchildren so they can dig on it. And they do. On grammies or mommies lap in the sidecar. And I hate when I am tooling down the road and they are fussing with the radio stations, dang gone that drives me nutts.

Hope that helps?