Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

How many of us have to have our hack/trike?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 04:33 AM
jerry34208
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many of us have to have our hack/trike?

Grimm that is one Bad A$$ trike! As much as a sidehack says "Labradore",
those low slung trikes with the big fat drag race tires say Pitt Bull.
I like it! Must be all the better having created it with your own resources.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:03 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Don and Jerry. Good of you to take the time to share with us.

Wlecome to our little community.

Hack

Old 03-09-2008, 12:59 AM
sidecar
Road Warrior

I can ride on two wheels but when I have the wife on back and have to stop my left leg is to weak to hold us bouth up and she gets mad when I drop her. So we got the hack. She don't mind riding in it at all. We have loaded our bags in the sidecar and she rides behind me. We can load the bags on the bike and she ridesin the hack.We enjoy riding bouth ways. The sidecar is great for the grand kids they like to ride in it.

96 FLHT with Sidecar red and black with a 100 inch RevTech motor

Ride safe and offron

Don Stock Sidecar

Old 03-10-2008, 10:52 AM
valveguide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah , I can tip over , not even on a bike at a moments notice.

Can't give up the freedom of the bike, so , a voyager kit was installed.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:48 AM
mazzurco
Cruiser

I have to ride a trike I'm amputated above the knee since my accident 4/28/07. I have not purchased one yet I'm waiting to see if the Motor Company comes out with that trike that has 2 wheels up front and leans to boot. I have heard it was to come out in 08 or 09. Well it did'nt make 08 so I'm hopping for 09. If they come with it in 09 you can bet your last dollar I will make a purchase and so will many other folks. Man I'm sure glad to see this forum have trike & hacks.
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...t-application/

I think I can wait that long if not I will but something it's going to be a long summer.Hell it's here already.
You know there is just not many trikes or trike builders out here on the west coast. I spoke to a fellow a Lehman down in Souther Cal and he was to send me some info but have not received it yet. Saw this one one Ebay and really like it
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...06232&rd=1

I still have my streetglide picture posted but it don't look the same trust me on that one.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:39 AM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mazzurco,

Sorry to hear about your accident but good for you for getting back up on the horse that thru you.

I can't blame you for holding out for the HD reverse trike, have you seen this one:

http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/

Which ever way you go I wish you luck and knees in the breeze.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:24 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

ORIGINAL: mazzurco

I have to ride a trike I'm amputated above the knee since my accident 4/28/07. I have not purchased one yet I'm waiting to see if the Motor Company comes out with that trike that has 2 wheels up front and leans to boot. I have heard it was to come out in 08 or 09. Well it did'nt make 08 so I'm hopping for 09. If they come with it in 09 you can bet your last dollar I will make a purchase and so will many other folks. Man I'm sure glad to see this forum have trike & hacks.
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...t-application/

I think I can wait that long if not I will but something it's going to be a long summer.Hell it's here already.
You know there is just not many trikes or trike builders out here on the west coast. I spoke to a fellow a Lehman down in Souther Cal and he was to send me some info but have not received it yet. Saw this one one Ebay and really like it
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...06232&rd=1

I still have my streetglide picture posted but it don't look the same trust me on that one.
The CFO (JIGGLE) has to have a trike if she is going to ride. Bad Knee joints. She never rode before. Bought a
Sporty to get back into riding after 20 years watchin the kids grow to be hers, but by (03) then her knees were lookin to bad till a rebuild. I don't think she will trade off now anyway. She has been invited to a MoCo and HD Dealsership meet throught our TRI group affiliation to help with their 'what would it take' process. She has 20k on three wheels since 05 and has some input from the more gentile rider.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17522/B371B2F2806A4B9497F84BB1C4828269.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-12-2008, 01:26 AM
mazzurco
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: badinfluence63

mazzurco,

Sorry to hear about your accident but good for you for getting back up on the horse that thru you.

I can't blame you for holding out for the HD reverse trike, have you seen this one:

http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/

Which ever way you go I wish you luck and knees in the breeze.

You know I went and looked at the Spyder today the salesman who was an honest guy said it was like ridding a snowmobile. Nothing like a motorcycle after looking at it to much plastic,windshield was really short salesman claimed at speeds it would rock your helmet. Stated most folks that bought had never owned a motorcycle before. I guess the good thing is that for the money 15,000 you get lots of horsepower.

I just wonder if the motor company is going to come out with that leaning bike? Hell I could wait forever. I'm eying a Lehman 07 and may just go for it. I'm going to start a post on what is the best HDtrike out there. Some say IRS and others swear by straight axle.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:49 AM
Special Liberty
Intermediate

I just ordered a 2008 road king with a sidecar today. Since I'm a Disabled Veteran , I can not ride without a sidecar. I can't wait to pick her up at the Dealership now. Counting the days !

Old 03-12-2008, 08:56 PM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member

Congrats on the 08 King...........Good Luck with her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: How many of us have to have our hack/trike?