Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Any ideas for trailer to pull behind triglide to haul electric wheelchair?

Search this Thread

Old Today, 06:23 PM
8track
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Any ideas for trailer to pull behind triglide to haul electric wheelchair?

I'm trying to help my 81 year old father. He can ride his Triglide 800 mi/day no problem. However he can barely walk 20 feet. I'd like to build him a trailer to pull with his Triglide and haul his electric wheelchair. The chair weighs approximately 200 LBS. I've been looking at a trailer that Harbour Freight sells. This looks like a good base to make scooter trailer.

1090 lb. Capacity 40-1/2 in x 48 in Utility Trailer
https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/trailers-towing/trailers/utility/1090-lb-capacity-40-12-in-x-48-in-utility-trailer-62665.html

Has anyone done something like this? Any other ideas?
It's been about 20 years but I'm sure I can still weld.
I'm trying to help my dad keep one of the few pleasures he has left. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
edit: Sorry it's been along time since I've been on this site and I can't remember how to make the above link work. If anyone can, that would be helpful also.
Thanks guys.

Last edited by 8track; Today at 06:28 PM.
Old Today, 07:02 PM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 4,801 Likes on 2,258 Posts

Originally Posted by 8track
I'm trying to help my 81 year old father. He can ride his Triglide 800 mi/day no problem. However he can barely walk 20 feet. I'd like to build him a trailer to pull with his Triglide and haul his electric wheelchair. The chair weighs approximately 200 LBS. I've been looking at a trailer that Harbour Freight sells. This looks like a good base to make scooter trailer.

1090 lb. Capacity 40-1/2 in x 48 in Utility Trailer
https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ler-62665.html

Has anyone done something like this? Any other ideas?
It's been about 20 years but I'm sure I can still weld.
I'm trying to help my dad keep one of the few pleasures he has left. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
edit: Sorry it's been along time since I've been on this site and I can't remember how to make the above link work. If anyone can, that would be helpful also.
Thanks guys.
Check Northern Tool on the same type trailer. They and Harbor Freight compete with sales usually.

I've used many of those kits as a base for cargo trailers pulled by motorcycles. That trailer with a 3/4 plywood, cut to size, will handle that easily. Even removing the first leaf. Some I've welded. Some I did not, but used blue locktite and nylon lock nuts.

Old Today, 07:23 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,958 Likes on 1,196 Posts