Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Need a good pizza and other Chicago info

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Traceman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need a good pizza and other Chicago info

Well I am traveling up to IMTS in Chicago at the McCormick Place and staying at Congress Plaza in two weeks. I know one day I will go up to Chicago Harley. I just want to know where a really good pizza place is that I can get some deep dish pizza somewhere in the area I am staying. I will be on business so I will not have time to venture to far out.

Also if you know of any other must see or do's let me know.

Thanks,
Tracy

Old 09-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Ultra Custom
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you get a chance to see a program on the Travel Channel called the Pizza wars or something like that. They had a place in Chicago that made a pizza in like a crock or bowl that really sounded good. I can't recall the name but if you asked a local maybe they could help. I know the next time I'm there im going to look it up. It seemed to me it was a nice little pub downtown. Good luck and nice bike by the way. I redid my Ultra also.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:31 PM
06Fatty
Tourer

Good Pizza in the loop area not far from the Congress is Gino's East (short cab ride). I will be at IMTS as well all week.

Good travels and have a good show.

You visting or exhibiting?

Old 09-03-2010, 09:09 PM
LozoB
Tourer

Ginos East is great. Sit in the bar or the wait is long. I'm personally not big on the pie with the giant sausage patty that covers the bottom. Pizza Uno of course. They are nothing like the chain Chicago Uno Grills around the country. Pizza Deaux is the same as Uno. Giordonnos is really incredible deep dish. And Lou Malnattis is great. All close to one another, a quick and cheap cab ride from Congress. Don't miss Al's Italian Beef. It's across the street from Ginos. Get the italian beef with giardinair dipped. Incredible, or the half beef and half sausage dressed the same.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:42 PM
rosko512
Intermediate

I go there at least once a year (Chicago Blues Festival). Sorry to hear your staying at the Congress... But for pizza, it's either Ginos or Pizza Uno. Also, I would stay away from the sausage on the pizza. If you want to eat ribs go to Millers Pub on Wabash(they are awsome). It's only a few blocks from the Congress. Harry Carrys for pasta or steaks at a good price is another great place. One of my favorite towns...

Enjoy!

Old 09-04-2010, 08:45 PM
ia2189
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every time we go to Chicago we always make sure we get Ginos East pizza and Garrett's Chicago mix popcorn.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:03 PM
WEINERDOGBONE
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Malnatti's is great pizza IMHO. That place that serves the pizza in a crock is on Clark St. I've never had it but, I've heard it's good.

Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder, 2121 North Clark, (773)248-2672

Old 09-06-2010, 05:45 AM
toby61
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 09-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Ultra Custom
Cruiser

Yes that Chicago Pizza and Grinder is the place I want to definitly check out next time back there. Thanks Weinerdogbone for the heads up!

Old 09-06-2010, 08:07 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

If you want really good pizza, you need to travel many, many miles to the East.........................................

Just a little levity; let's not start any town pride wars!

Quick Reply: Need a good pizza and other Chicago info