Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Need a good pizza and other Chicago info

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Traceman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra Custom
I redid my Ultra also.
Very nice job. I need to update my slide show now as I have just painted the bike. Check out the attached pics for now.

Attached Thumbnails Need a good pizza and other Chicago info-chopper.jpg   Need a good pizza and other Chicago info-dsc00918.jpg   Need a good pizza and other Chicago info-dsc00907.jpg   Need a good pizza and other Chicago info-dsc00917.jpg   Need a good pizza and other Chicago info-dsc00913.jpg  

Old 09-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Traceman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 06Fatty
Good Pizza in the loop area not far from the Congress is Gino's East (short cab ride). I will be at IMTS as well all week.

Good travels and have a good show.

You visting or exhibiting?
Just visiting. Thanks for the tip!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Traceman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rosko512
Sorry to hear your staying at the Congress... But for pizza, it's either Ginos or Pizza Uno. Also, I would stay away from the sausage on the pizza. If you want to eat ribs go to Millers Pub on Wabash(they are awsome). It's only a few blocks from the Congress. Harry Carrys for pasta or steaks at a good price is another great place. One of my favorite towns...

Enjoy!

Is the Congress that bad? LOL Our company booked it and we can't get out of the reservation now but I am sure I have stayed in worse. whats up with the sausage? We are also going to some place called the Prime House. they say it is good.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:16 AM
ia2189
Club Member

Originally Posted by Traceman
Is the Congress that bad? LOL Our company booked it and we can't get out of the reservation now but I am sure I have stayed in worse. whats up with the sausage? We are also going to some place called the Prime House. they say it is good.
Most places do the sausage where the ENTIRE pizza has one big sausage patty on it. It's not like most places where they have sausage meatballs spaced around. Plus, the sausage is usually pretty spicy It's a bit much.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Snap96
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may be late to the thread but if you ask for crumbled sausage you will get pieces and not the patty. I know Gino's, Uno's, and Lou's do crumbled.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:35 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I live here, and this is the best BY FAR (at least in my opinion). http://www.loumalnatis.com/Locations...20of%20Chicago

Here's Uno's, I like them a lot too, they've probably got the best crust.
http://uno.know-where.com/pizzeria/c...x=446&map.y=63

And here's Giordano's, they make a very good one as well.
http://local.yahoo.com/results?stx=g...=Chicago%2C+IL

The first one Lou's is by far my personal favorite though. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Harleydog1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I am way late to the party but, when in Chicago the Only Pizza place is called Pizanos. They are on State St. It is owned by one of the Malnatis as in Lou Malnatis, but much better.

Give them a try next time, you will not be disappointed.

http://www.pizanoschicago.com/state.html

Old 11-04-2010, 03:33 PM
djw479
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pizza and other delights

Just re-found my ID/password after many years of lurking, so my response is late but...for anyone heading to downtown Chicago in the future.

If anyone goes to Gino's East and wants mucho meat, get the sausage pattie deep-dish style! You will be very full after a piece or two.

Check out the Chicago-style hots dogs available in many places...especially the Vienna beef versions.

There's too many small but great restaurants to mention in the River North area...just north & west of where Michigan Ave crosses the Chicago River. One mexican-style stands out...Frontiera Bar & Grille. But its not your typical cheap mexican grub place, so hoping you've got an expense account or perdiem!