Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Ohio riders meet up camping

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 10:21 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

iam on the phone with them now all 4 cabins are available as of now and he said may be able to cut little deal if we take all 4 cabins and said camping is $30 for the first 4 people and then $7 each additional. Said campground drives are gravel but they also have a large paved parking lot and the Baymount inns is right next to there paved lot and entrace .

Cabins have heat and AC ceiling fan mini fridge and microwave.

I believe we are going to get a cabin here.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:27 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

cabin prices that time of year are $70 bucks a night and a two night minimum so you would have to rent friday and sat night or sat and sun night. Most all cabins in this area no matter where you go will have a two night min from my experience only way to get around it is if a week before we go they are not booked someplace and just want to get it rented but all the other sites i looked at as well were two night.

Believe me and the wife are going to rent a cabin for two nights at this campground. Its right at the edge of town and close to the baymount inns for those that want a hotel and food and other items.

Said they don't have problem with beer and drinking but they do have quiet time after 11pm said you don't have to turn in but keep it quiet and under control if your out of control and yelling and hollering and keeping the campground up then your in deep **** which is to be expected.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:30 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

Info on the cabins does say you have to provide your own bedding like sleeping bag or sheets etc.

Each cabin has:

A full size bed

A set of twin size bunk beds

Six foot front porch with two chairs and a grill

A fire ring and picnic table

A heating and cooling unit

A microwave & mini fridge

Guests provide their own bedding or sleeping bags.

Restrooms and showers are located a short walk away in the Shower House.
Each private unit in the shower house has a shower, toilet and sink.

A utility sink is located on the porch for dishes, shoes, or whatever needs to be washed up

Old 03-11-2010, 10:31 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

link to pics of there camp sites:
http://www.hockingriver.com/sites.htm

Old 03-18-2010, 11:39 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

Ok here is low down, if we go to the hocking hills canoe camp thanks to Ken 08fxdc got some pics as he road down there the other day.

The camping is cheap $30 for the first 4 people and $7 a pcs after that and close to food and hotels.

Now me and the wife will rent one cabin, Nozzelman sounds like he needs two rent two cabins but just for one night the sat night. They will let him do that if we can find another person that will rent the 4th cabin for two nights. they only have 4 cabins so anyone want the 4th cabin?? Its $70 a night let me know i plan to make reservations with in the next day or two.
Here are some pics Ken took and also if you go to page 6 and 7 of the ride plan thread there are cpl more
The cabins looked very nice & were very close to the shower/restrooms which looked newly constructed. The #10 camp site is @ 2-300 yards away, large & very primitive.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:40 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

and they said if we rent all 4 cabins they also allow people to camp in the cabin area since it is all people that know each other.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:20 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

Me and the wife finally got out of the drive at 1pm forgot i had the passanger pegs off and had to run to dads and get them for her.

We had a great ride was nice out we took off out of fredericktown and ran down 13 to coops marathon then took 664 down to logan and checked out the canoe camp we liked it i have some more pictures ill post its close to everything and cheap camping. From there we went up 33 as the clouds were setting in and stopped and talked to Michele at that hocking hills motorcycle ranch. From there figured was best to head home so we just took 33 to 270 to 71 and got off at polaris and took the back way home from there just got home at 6pm.

now pay attention everyone!!!!!!!For anyone that plans to stay june 19th wether its camping or hotels you should make some reservations. I stopped in at the baymount sweets and they said they are booked up for that weekend and believe most other hotels are. Due to the local washboard festivale and some bicycle race that weekend around town. So I plan to set my reservations for the canoe camp for friday and sat for a cabin. On monday or tuesday morning cabins are $70 a night two night min and camping is $30 for first 4 people then $7 bucks each additional camper.

from where we were standing at the cabins and shower house looking up is the area for baymount inn's old dutch resturant and at the end 664

looking down the hill from the shower house you see the river and the lane that goes off to the left that takes you back to the campgrounds

large camp at end of lane.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 PM
jcrawford14
Advanced
Received 18 Likes on 1 Post

I live in Logan. I would like to meet up with anyone that might be camping Friday Night and riding up to the starting point. 664 North is a great ride.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:15 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

jcraw i will keep you informed and make sure you have my cell when time gets close as i will be there friday night.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:25 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

I called today and reserved cabin #4 at http://www.hockingriver.com/spend_the_night.htm

Right now they have someone there on tuesdays and thursdays they also have a new online reservation system but it will not be working until possibly thursday.

I also told him if any one calls they will let him know that they are with Jerry and the harley riders.

If we rent all 4 cabins people can camp in the cabin area for $7 bucks a night or you can get you own campsite one of the big ones for $30 for first 4 then 7 bucks each additional person.

He also said you should get things booked as they will probably be gone cabin wise once we get into april. I don't doubt this as we stopped at the Baymount inn and suites sunday and they said they are already sold out for that weekend do to a local festivale and stuff.

Quick Reply: Ohio riders meet up camping