Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Ohio riders meet up camping

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 06:38 AM
berzerker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nevermind I'm out

Sorry for the confusion but count me out on the camping. Things changed and as of now I will be lucky to make it to the ride at all. Dang it.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:36 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry to hear man.

cpl other ideas on the camping for those that want to camp a member here told me about this place and it looks like its not far from the baymount inns hotel in logan and town and very easy going place doesn't look bad. http://www.hockingriver.com/camping.htm

And then another member and friend from on here reminded me of possibly a great option as well would be that Jimbo's allows camping right across the street from the bar its an open field along rt 55 and can party come and go as we please and nobody say anything and as far as i know its FREE.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:45 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

here is a pic of the area they let you camp at down at jimbo's don't know who the people are in the pic just found it on the net. if you look past them and the road all the grass area all the way back to the tree line is there camping area and it goes to the left and right quite a ways

Old 03-09-2010, 07:01 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

Here is some more info on the hocking hills camp ground that was recommended by guy on the site:

Spend the Night
Camping
$7.00 per person per night

Accommodates groups of all sizes.

Camping Cabins
Accommodates up to four people per cabin, with a total of four cabins available.

Weeknights $60.00 per cabin per night
Weekends $70.00 per cabin per night
When all four cabins are rented together, camping can take place in the cabin area

Old 03-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer

I like the Hocking Hills Camp, the wife and I are not too in to camping in tents and had planned to get a cabin or something close to where the group was staying.

We are flexible though! The campers need to pick the best option for them!

Old 03-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Spanner216
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah a cabin sounds good..

Old 03-11-2010, 12:12 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

Ok me and the wife are thinking cabin as well and the cabins aren't much at the site i listed above if you looked at the pics its bed microwave, mini fridge but i think we may go that route and it said above that if you rent all the cabins 4 of them then tent camping can take place in the cabin area i will try to get ahold of them and see if any cabins are available that weekend. I am leaning toward this camp ground as there are some hotels very close on the same road going back to the campground and that would keep most people close and allow cheap camping at $7 bucks a pcs for any that wanted to camp and some cabins if still available that weekend for cpl other people.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:20 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

lay out of the hocking hills canoe camp ground looks like on there site that 9 and 10 camp sites are large campsites and more private and all ill do some more checking hoping for a nice warm weekend here soon so i could go ride down and check out cpl things before i settle on any of the 3 we have talked about.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:28 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

info i got back in email from the hocking canoe camp area:
Hello, Jerry
we do have sites that can hold a large groups, site 9 and 10 are the larger ones. also there is no issue with having a couple of beers here, but we do have a 11 O'clock Quiet hour. we do have cabins the price is 70 a night on weekends with a 2 night minimum on weekends. I hope that info will help also check out are website for more info. hockingriver.com
thanks we are fine with visitors here at the canoe livery or at camp site, all are welcome.
thanks Dustin

Old 03-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer

Sounds good! Did you get any info if the cabins are booked yet?

Quick Reply: Ohio riders meet up camping