Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

OHIO riders meet up take a look.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 06:22 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok no dates set yet but here are some ideas what you think about this and if you have ideas let me know:::

meet up at buckeye lake ohio at papa boo's or at jim's harley in lancaster at 10am on saturday

Leave out of there at 11am and ride to jimbo's for lunch arrive there around noon

eat and leave jimbos around 1 or 1;30pm

ride the hocking hills areas stopping over at the hocking hills motorcycle ranch and set up camp somewhere around 6pm and relax the evening away get up sunday and ride a bit and head home.

Rte. 555

Rte. 374

Rte. 664

Rte. 56

Rte. 180

Rte. 93

Just an idea but may 16th the Hocking hills motorcycle ranch has a little event going on that sunday and there is a poker run may 15th in that area as well they have a route but its not one we would be on but alot of bikes and things to do around that weekend.

Ok throw some ideas up and road's that you guys might want to ride and ill see if i can come up with a map and for others like me that have road in the area alot let me know your ideas

All in all iam thinking if we meet up around buckeye lake or lancaster then went to the hocking hills we could do a loop and ride the good roads in that areaa and for those that were interested camp saturday night and head home sunday i may even go down on friday and camp friday and sat and ride some sunday then go home let me know.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:21 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

skully, if we met at Buckeye lake, couldn't we take 555 down to 78W then shoot over to 33 and go catch 56 up to Jimbo's? Just shootin from memory on the route, and not sure about times. But doesn't 555 run up to Buckeye Lk?

Old 01-22-2010, 07:37 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

ya mike we can take 13 south from buckeye lake to 669 to 555 and run 555 down a ways then we could pick up 78 ya and run down to jimbos and then ride 374 and the roads right by jimbo's.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:51 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
Ok no dates set yet but here are some ideas what you think about this and if you have ideas let me know:::
meet up at buckeye lake ohio at papa boo's or at jim's harley in lancaster at 10am on saturday
Leave out of there at 11am and ride to jimbo's for lunch arrive there around noon
eat and leave jimbos around 1 or 1;30pm
ride the hocking hills areas stopping over at the hocking hills motorcycle ranch and set up camp somewhere around 6pm and relax the evening away get up sunday and ride a bit and head home.
Rte. 555
Rte. 374
Rte. 664
Rte. 56
Rte. 180
Rte. 93
Just an idea but may 16th the Hocking hills motorcycle ranch has a little event going on that sunday and there is a poker run may 15th in that area as well they have a route but its not one we would be on but alot of bikes and things to do around that weekend.

Ok throw some ideas up and road's that you guys might want to ride and ill see if i can come up with a map and for others like me that have road in the area alot let me know your ideas

All in all iam thinking if we meet up around buckeye lake or lancaster then went to the hocking hills we could do a loop and ride the good roads in that areaa and for those that were interested camp saturday night and head home sunday i may even go down on friday and camp friday and sat and ride some sunday then go home let me know.
Originally Posted by OhioSkully
ya mike we can take 13 south from buckeye lake to 669 to 555 and run 555 down a ways then we could pick up 78 ya and run down to jimbos and then ride 374 and the roads right by jimbo's.
This all sounds great!
Where is 'the hocking hills motorcycle ranch'?

Old 01-22-2010, 07:59 PM
fireman031967
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 430 Likes on 388 Posts
Thumbs up Ride Ideas

I vote for Sturgis 2010.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:26 PM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Old 01-22-2010, 08:58 PM
RadRick
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioskully
ok some of us have talked about it before and were talking about it agian.

In 2010 when the weather warms up that some of us ohio riders need to meet up say hay and have a ride and bs.

So that being said lets plan something out.

A few questions would help get an idea of where we should all meet up and what type of area to plan a ride in.

1) are you interested? yes
2) weekend or weekday, saturday or sunday? anyday
3) where are you riding in from what part of ohio? creston
4) what type of riding do you like twisties, superslab, straight roads?
i'll ride any of them but prefer back roads with scenery.

I have a pretty screwy work schedule but I get most of my days off during the week. Only one weekend off a month but I'm always looking for a ride.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:14 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

That is the hocking hills motorcycle ranch its not what it sounds like its just a leather motorcycle type store owned by a nice lady that rides just brought it up as they are having something going on that weekend and when i come down off of 374 from hocking hills its right there so i usually stop and grab a pop and they always have a flea market in the complex that its in just something to do.

Ill keep working things out and figuring it out. i ride in the hocking hills alot and about any road or route down there is scenic and curvy and depending on what people like there are caves and hiking areas all over plus some good watering holes for any type of drink you would like.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:41 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Lancaster is about 3 hours away... I would have to leave early but it's doable.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:28 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

thats why i was thinking if i made the meet up time around 11 or noon then those that were further away wouldn't have to leave until sun up around 7 or 8am to get there and being it would be summer should be warm. and even if we messed around in the hocking hills till 5pm or so those people would still be home by 9pm or darkish. just thoughts and those that wanted to camp could or stay longer.

Iam just trying to think of somewhere that has some nice riding roads and is with in a short ride for most people only place i know of for the best riding is either southeast ohio, or eastern ohio east and northeast and southeast of say the dover area.

If anyone has any ideas throw them out and will take a vote on the area and then set up the meet and ride.

Quick Reply: OHIO riders meet up take a look.