Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

OHIO riders meet up take a look.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 11:18 AM
robertj74
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's snowing like hell here in Zanesville,where I work. Some of the biggest flakes I have ever seen, If it keeps this up all afternoon,we're in for some serious snow!!
Looks like a good weekend to drink some beer & detail the bike!!

P.S.-that's a great ride plan!!

Old 02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by robertj74
It's snowing like hell here in Zanesville,where I work. Some of the biggest flakes I have ever seen, If it keeps this up all afternoon,we're in for some serious snow!!
Looks like a good weekend to drink some beer & detail the bike!!

P.S.-that's a great ride plan!!
Isn't the Super Bowl Sunday?

Old 02-05-2010, 01:37 PM
robertj74
Tourer

Yea,Mike,I'll probally catch it,not really interested this year,I really don't care for either team.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:41 PM
captaincaveman
Tourer

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
Good deal Mike, i will be there early as well as i plan to camp in the hocking hills friday night and i come up from there. And if anyone else wants to camp fri sat let me know. And if anyone wants to meet up friday and ride down let me know. I will get everything typed out this weekend with a tenetive plan and we can all go from there. I know the ride doesn't look like a big ride but many will be coming from all over the state and that short little ride will take little time as its all twistes like the ohio tail of the dragon. And after we leave jimbos we will ride up 374 to rockbridge on 33 which is a nice ride also and put everyone that plans to go back home back at a main route where they can either go superslab or go just down the road and pick up some nice off the beatten path roads back home as well. And those that stay can do there own thing for a while before heading to camp or hotel.

This is a great area to ride in and there are some places some will want to stop and check out possibly as well.
I ain't gonna be camping since I live in the hocking hills area, but I'll meet you at the camp ground Saturday morning for the ride over to Thornville

Old 02-05-2010, 07:34 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sound good Captian, love the screen name my family used to call me that when i was a youngen because i had long hair and it was allways a mess

Old 02-05-2010, 07:41 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Lol, I went to school with a guy we all called caveman.....he was as wide as he was tall, but man was he a load of laughs...lol Wonder what ever happened to him.....

Old 02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Old 02-05-2010, 07:58 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

Hocking hills motorcycle Ranch our last stop as a group on sat ride, there is alot of stuff here the ranch is just a small store but there is alot of stores place to eat, flea market all right where the ranch is
http://www.hockinghillsmotorcycleranch.com/

Old 02-06-2010, 06:15 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

[B]SAT JUNE 19th 2010 Ohio HD forums ride and meet up!![/B]

Everyone to meet at Coop's Marathon on the corner of st rt 13 and st rt 204 in thornville ohio at 10am.

Kickstands up at 11am

Ride thru the hocking hills valley and stop at Jimbo's in South Bloomingville for lunch and refreshments. sometime around 1:30 or 2pm depending on ride and stops we take along the way.

NOTE: Jimbo's only takes CASH, but prices are very reasonable and burgers are big enough for two people.

Leave Jimbo's and ride thru the hocking valley area on 374 up to where it meets st rt 33 and there is a little shoping complex with a bike store and flea market etc. This is where the ride and day will end for those that plan to head home at that time others may head back to a camp or more riding in the area.

In addidtion to everything mentioned above i will be finding a campground probably the Hocking Hills State park campground to set up camp. I will come in on Friday and won't leave to head home until sometime sunday afternoon after some more riding.

That being said anyone is welcome to camp and meet up and ride. We have a tentitive map and me and glidermike will make some runs down that way in spring to tweek the map a bit and find some stop points of interest.

After the ride on sat anyone is welcome to camp or just hang out and bs.

We will keep the info coming and as time gets closer make sure everyone has all the info they need and map of the area posted on here. If you have any request let us know.

The following is the tentative map and list of those interested:

Last edited by OhioSkully; 02-06-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey Skully,
I made another attempt with Photochop at making a siggy for this event. Hope you don't mind. Mine is even a clickable link to direct a person to this page. (not used to this forum software so it took a few mins to figure it out.)

If anyone else wants to use it to promote the ride, here's the code:

BLUE TYPE
Code:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj306/ohiobellboy/2002%20Ultra%20Classic/Siggys/HH5.jpg

LIGHT GREY TYPE
Code:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj306/ohiobellboy/2002%20Ultra%20Classic/Siggys/HH4copy.jpg

Last edited by Ohiobellboy; 02-07-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Quick Reply: OHIO riders meet up take a look.