Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

OHIO riders meet up take a look.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:32 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Ok, 6/19 it is.
We have vacation plans for that week. But with a new pup to tend to those might have to be morphed a bit. We'll see.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:03 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, June 19th saturday at the Thornville marathon station on the corner of st rt 13 and st rt 204 just south of Buckeye lake and interstate 70 at say 10am. As more info becomes available we will let you know and once everything is put together we will post everything up. I plan to go down friday and camp fri, sat, sun once the campgrounds open up and get going ill set a reservation possibly at hocking hills state park and try to reserve the group camp area.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:57 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

hoila.....

Official
HDForum Ohio Spring Run to the Hills
Meet N Greet

Last edited by glideridemike; 02-06-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:00 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Same route just different start point. I plan on being there an hour or so ahead of the planned 'kickstandsup' time. Wife gave me the ok....

Old 02-05-2010, 10:19 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

Good deal Mike, i will be there early as well as i plan to camp in the hocking hills friday night and i come up from there. And if anyone else wants to camp fri sat let me know. And if anyone wants to meet up friday and ride down let me know. I will get everything typed out this weekend with a tenetive plan and we can all go from there. I know the ride doesn't look like a big ride but many will be coming from all over the state and that short little ride will take little time as its all twistes like the ohio tail of the dragon. And after we leave jimbos we will ride up 374 to rockbridge on 33 which is a nice ride also and put everyone that plans to go back home back at a main route where they can either go superslab or go just down the road and pick up some nice off the beatten path roads back home as well. And those that stay can do there own thing for a while before heading to camp or hotel.

This is a great area to ride in and there are some places some will want to stop and check out possibly as well.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:37 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Well there'll be no hurry on the ride. Will need to line em up according to experience, with the more inexperienced riders up front. Figuring on stopping along the way at some point for whatever...sightsee, leaks, refreshments or whatever.

I'll bring a camera.

Lookin like 30-40 or so, figuring some were saying they were bringing a few with them, a few spoke up but aren't on the list, and some will probably not make it due to unforseen circumstances.

So meet at 10, top em off and try kickstands up by 11?

Old 02-05-2010, 10:40 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

Sounds good to me and if there are some late straglers the route is posted and some people may show up later.

So is everyone ready for this dam blizzard that is coming in today man that sucks just got the roads looking good and was hoping for some warm weather and there saying close to 8 or 10 inch's by end day saturday.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:42 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

Once we get everything figured out and typed out i will start a new thread and put the link on this page that way the ride the map and the stops and links to sight seeing oppurtunities is all at the top of the page and see if we can get that sticky posted and all. Iam going to get ahold of the hocking hills state park see if i can reserve there group camp if there is enough that want to camp i think it holds 30 people or more for one price.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:42 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

To anyone coming in from the Cincinnati, Chillicothe, Washington Courthouse, Williamsburg area or anywhere thereabouts, I live in Circleville and am about an hour from Thornville. I'll be leaving here a couple of hours before the meet up time. Anyone is welcome to meet up and ride with me over there. Just let me know.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:45 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Spitting a little snow here as we speak. I figure we'll get a few inches. No biggie. It'll soon be gone. Its just a bummer thinking about this ride and seeing it friggin snow....lol

Oh well, let 'er come, Just means the sooner it'll be gone.

Quick Reply: OHIO riders meet up take a look.