Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Calling on all Green Bay,Wi memebrs for road trip

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 11:27 AM
bronk
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling on all Green Bay,Wi memebrs for road trip

Just found out we have a few members here who are from the Green Bay or surrounding area.Was wondering if any others here are as well and if so maybe can plan a short raod trip or somehing along those lines.I think it would be cool as hell to meet some of the others on this forum.If your close by chime in and we will see if something grows from this.
Also if you are from the area,tell us if you bought your bike from one of the local dealers and how that went for you as well.
Ill start.Name is Jerry.Married with 2 kids and live up in Little Suamico(15 miles north of Green Bay off 41)Currentlt deployed to Iraq but will be home on leave May14th through the memorial day weekend.AFter that wont be home and done with this till 2nd week of AUgust.Am planning on going up to the Tomahawk festival in Sep.
Well.....lets hear it guys and gals.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:41 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior
Default RE: Calling on all Green Bay,Wi memebrs for road trip

Hey Bronk - first off, thanks for serving and supporting our country. I am not a vet, but do support Mr. Bush. My wife's nephew is a lifer in the Navy and is in the area over there somewhere. Stay safe and alert.

I thought I was the ONLY Northeast Wisconsin / Fox Valley guy on this forum - looks like there may be one other one too COOL.

HDFORUMS.COM is #1. It is like a college of knowledge. The things you can learn on this forum are just invaluable period. I read it religiously twice a day. And it's FREE!!!!!!!

OK - I'm an old fart from APPLETON (50 with a wife and three teenagers) who just bought my first Harley (2005 Ultra) last cinco de mayo.

Appleton dealer would not budge a penny from list price but I am happy with the results - I'd NEVER go back to a metric ever again.

Hey ~ 5000 miles a year later - not too bad - all I do is ride around the state pretty much - Green Bay, Milwaukee, Sheboygan, Two Rivers, Madison, etc........

Enjoy getting lost on those Wisconsin back roads, especially the rustic ones or just going way out in farm country - you know the feeling - you, the scoot, nature, manure [:'(]

Unfortunately, I picked up that contagious disease too - upgrading - BUT I have done ALL of it on my own - no stealership installs. But a dealer dyno planned for this Friday.

I'm an engineer in Neenah and travel occasionally - gone to Chicago the week of May15th.

But if something comes together with local forum members in May, please keep me in the loop - especially over the Memorial Day weekend. A group ride would be awesome!!!

KEEP IN TOUCH - feel free to email me direct - dchoran@athenet.net

Dave H. Appleton, WI May Day

Old 05-02-2006, 09:00 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

There are others from WI that come here (i can think of 2 others besides us 3). I would be up for a ride any time. My mother is getting re-married one of these Fridays coming up. I can't remember which one but it's on a friday. I'd be up for a ride whernever you contact me. It'd be nice to meet new people.

Old 05-02-2006, 04:38 PM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 603 Likes on 352 Posts

sundays are the best day for me. i'm starting the sat. OT at my work and it lasts all summer. sat evenings could work too. how about some ride sugestions, the only thing i won't do is have a harley shop as a destination, or a stop.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:18 PM
RudeDog
Road Warrior

How about everyone name 2 or 3 places and then we appoint one person as "Road Captain" to plan the route? Good idea?

I'll choose... Crandon and Gills Rock. Those are well visited areas and nice scenery along the way.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:28 PM
bagga
Elite HDF Member

crandon sounds good.i would suggest townsend by highway 32,south on T then go through the reservation to shawano. i was going to say door county too. gills rock is 100 miles from GB. i have a friend that lives in carlsville,just north of sturgeon bay. maybe i could see if he wants to join in.

Old 05-03-2006, 02:01 AM
bagr
Advanced

Southern kettle Morraine chimin in.
Elkhorn WI.
Perry

Old 05-03-2006, 08:19 PM
RudeDog
Road Warrior

We need to come up with a meeting place and time. Sunday sounds like a good day for most people. Kettle Moraine kinda throws things off balance. Manitowoc or Oshkosh looks like an in the middle meeting place unless bagr wants to drive up here and leave to where ever we end up going to?

Since most of us are in the Green Bay area I think we should meet here and head south picking up bagr along the way. What do you think?

Old 05-03-2006, 09:42 PM
bagga
Elite HDF Member

another thing that me and the ol do a couple of times a summer is take in the shawano flee market. short ride but some of the stuff there is pretty good. there are venders there that have lots and i mean lots of tools. craftsman snap on all the quality name brand stuff. good prices too. if i'm in need of something i try to look there before buying at sears.

Old 05-04-2006, 05:06 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior

A Flee Market is a great idea. Here I thought it would be bars we'd be stopping at but a little shopping never hurt anyone (as long as it's for bike parts or tools).

Quick Reply: Calling on all Green Bay,Wi memebrs for road trip