Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

June 22 Marseilles Freedom Run

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 05:18 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default June 22 Marseilles Freedom Run

Anyone doing this run on Saturday? I heard it's a pretty good time with numerous bands?
Joliet Speedway ending in Marseilles Illinois

Old 06-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Donny
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: June 22 Marseilles Freedom Run

I'm supposed to be going. Going to meet a bunch of my friends from lockport and head out early to beat the crowd on 80 I guess.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:02 AM
RichDIV
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm working out some visitation issues with my kid for this weekend, but a couple guys from work are going and if I go I am meeting up with them at the gas station at the Speedway Saturday morning about 9ish.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:53 AM
Danbousmc
Advanced

I'll be there!!! Was at the last one and it was a great time. I'm meeting a bunch of friends who are Marine recruiters. One good thing is thry put all service men and women riders at the front of the pack so we get out early. Great party, good venders, outstanding bands, very moving ceremony at the Wall.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:31 AM
bigdoghd
Road Master

I heard that it's pretty crwoded leaving from Joliet? I was thinking of leaving at around 10am and heading straight to Marseilles. It does sound like a pretty good time and I heard it stays pretty orderly? Hope to see you guy's there.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:02 PM
LuxuryHID
Intermediate

We will be on it, its crowded but the whole point of going to 66 im my opinion is to pay the rider fee because thats all getting donated to the troops. I think its ignorant when I see the people jumping on from different exits.

Come on Baller, you can afford it!

Old 06-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Smokeater
Cruiser

I've done the past two years.&nbsp\\; It's a great cause and a good time.&nbsp\\; I remember last year it was hot as HELL.&nbsp\\; I gotta work on Saturday, so I can't attend.&nbsp\\; By the way, it's the 21st, not the 22nd.&nbsp\\; Someone drunk?

Old 06-20-2008, 07:24 AM
bigdoghd
Road Master

Luxury
I have no issues with paying the fee...just not going to ride in a huge line on a hot day with an air cooled motor, but I will make sure to donate more than my fair share if I attend. Always have and always will, they guys deserve it!
&nbsp\\;
I have a customer that came back last year and he stored his bike here while he was in Iraq. When he came back he came back to a different looking chopper with a custom paint job and a Vargas girl on the tank wrapped in an american flag........ made a soldier very happy.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:25 PM
jakester
Tourer

Jeff How is it you own a BIGDOG Dealership and NOBODY has contacted you about sponsorship or even given you flyers for the FREEDOM RUN.It all started in SUMMIT.IL. 1st ave and I-55...Just a few miles from you!!! .... I know you are off the beaten path but Close Enough!!! Also you should show up at the track(Joliet)...You could hand out some BUSINESS CARDS to your fellow BROTHERS...Who may need some future custom work done from a Reputable Dealer!!!!!.... Good Luck and Ride Safe....

Old 06-20-2008, 07:50 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master

Now that you mention that, I remember them coming in a long time ago. As it looks, I'm going to be stuck at the shop, were almost week and a half behind on projects and the list is growing.I feel it's a great cause and try and help sponsor when we can.Hope they have good weather.
&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: June 22 Marseilles Freedom Run