Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Starve Rock/Route 6 Sunday 28TH ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 05:52 PM
dv102
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Starve Rock/Route 6 Sunday 28TH ?

Nice meeting you all, had a good time. Thanks for letting me tag along.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:58 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here, glad a few people from the forum could make it. Thanks to Nscrbug we didn't need a navigation system......dam that girl knows her roads. Hope you all had fun. Maybe we can get one more ride in before it gets to cold. Just have to remember to have a burger place in mined for Nscrbug

Old 10-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Pacemaker
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigdoghd

Same here, glad a few people from the forum could make it. Thanks to Nscrbug we didn't need a navigation system......dam that girl knows her roads. Hope you all had fun. Maybe we can get one more ride in before it gets to cold. Just have to remember to have a burger place in mined for Nscrbug
I also had a great time and it was good to meet everyone. Bigdog , your right Nscrbug does know her roads, here and in every other state.
If your guys do another ride, count me in.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:42 PM
nscrbug
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too, had a great time riding with you guys today...it was a pleasure meeting everyone. Thanks for welcoming a girl along for the ride. I'm sure there are a few roads out there that I don't know about.....yet.

Oh and bigdoghd...burgers are cool...but I'm hooked on good BBQ, too! So if any of you know of good BBQ joints to plan a ride to...I'm there!

Old 10-28-2007, 08:59 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master

I'll get everyone out at the house for a winter BBQ and bond fire.......well make it a brisket It will be a four wheel deal.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Pacemaker
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: nscrbug

I too, had a great time riding with you guys today...it was a pleasure meeting everyone. Thanks for welcoming a girl along for the ride. I'm sure there are a few roads out there that I don't know about.....yet.

Oh and bigdoghd...burgers are cool...but I'm hooked on good BBQ, too! So if any of you know of good BBQ joints to plan a ride to...I'm there!

Hey Nscrbug,[/align][/align]I found a BBQ Restaurant, it would make a great ride ... the onlything wrong is, it would take a lot more time then going to Starved Rock. LOL[/align][/align][/align]http://www.wholehogcafe.com/[/align][/align]

Old 10-29-2007, 12:06 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master

Actually, I have a few customers that love barbaque ribs,chicken and water melons andhe keeps wanting to take me to a place in St louis........ that wouldn't be a bad ride. He makes itas a day trip? I can hear
Nscrbug's mouth watering from here! hehehehe

Old 10-29-2007, 03:42 PM
nscrbug
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Pacemaker

ORIGINAL: nscrbug

Hey Nscrbug,[/align][/align]I found a BBQ Restaurant, it would make a great ride ... the onlything wrong is, it would take a lot more time then going to Starved Rock. LOL[/align][/align][/align]http://www.wholehogcafe.com/[/align][/align]
Oh man...wish I had known about this place when we were in AR back in August. Guess it'll give me a reason to go back...as if INEED a reason to go back to Arkansas...LOL! The roads aloneare reason enough. I can't remember from our conversation, if you said you made it to Hot Springs or not...but there was a really good BBQ place there...a place called McClard's. It was featured in Southern Living magazine as being one of the top10 BBQ joints in the south...and it lived up to my expectations.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:52 PM
nscrbug
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: bigdoghd

Actually, I have a few customers that love barbaque ribs,chicken and water melons andhe keeps wanting to take me to a place in St louis........ that wouldn't be a bad ride. He makes itas a day trip? I can hear
Nscrbug's mouth watering from here! hehehehe
Ooooooh...now that sounds great! Wow...St. Louis and back in a day???? I suppose if we did it on the longest day of the year in June...leaving real early in the morning...it wouldprobably bedoable. Ok..I'm in!

Actually...there is a place right in Chicago on Pulaski (2 blocks south of Irving Park Rd) called Smoque. I've heard nothing but excellent reviews on this place. I haven't gotten over there yet, but it's definitely on my list.I normally loathe going into the city (too much traffic, no parking, etc.) but I'll make an exception for good BBQ. [sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 10-29-2007, 04:31 PM
dv102
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

St Louis isn't a bad run 4 hrs on 55[sm=confused06.gif](unless nscrbug can find a more interesting route[sm=smiley20.gif] old 66 maybe) I had to go there on a sales call a few years ago left at 6am met with my customer and left for home around 3:00 and was home by 8:30. But on the good side the temps are usually 5 to 10 degrees warmer there.

Quick Reply: Starve Rock/Route 6 Sunday 28TH ?