Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Starve Rock/Route 6 Sunday 28TH ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 10:39 AM
nscrbug
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Starve Rock/Route 6 Sunday 28TH ?

ORIGINAL: bigdoghd

And what Linda...your to good to lead this ride I noticed your in Riverside? Your very close to my shop.
Hollywood Cycles, huh? Yep, know it well...been there a few times. Do you own the shop? I suppose I could make this ride...not sure how I would feel about leading, though...[sm=insomnia.gif] If nobody else knows the roads I described in my other post, I guess I could lead that portion...if y'all really want me to. What time were you planning on meeting up? Kickstands up at what time? I'm not much of a bar person, so I'd probably bail out at that point. Although, Fat Daddyz does make a mean burger...so that might tempt me tostick around for a bite to eat. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 10-26-2007, 11:04 AM
bigdoghd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I own Hollywood. Well it's all depending on the weather. I pretty much know the roads, that's been where I've been doingmost of my riding the past few months and your right there are some neat places.
I'm not a big bar person either, but a good burger and some people watching is always a good time. Fat Daddy's does make a good one! As far as departure, I've been leaving from Crackle Barrel on 80 & Holbolt Rd........but it would be just as easy to meet everyone at 80 & Route 6. Keep in touch.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Pacemaker
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Linda, I was looking up the roads you mention,look pretty good.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:18 PM
nscrbug
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Pacemaker

Linda, I was looking up the roads you mention,look pretty good.
Pacemaker -

Yeah, they are pretty decent roads...as far as roads go, for this area.Sadly, there isn't much around here inregards to good riding roads, with the exception of the Starved Rock area, Galena/Mississippi River area, and perhapsa few other areas to the west (Rock River) and north (Bull Valley) of us...unless of course, you venture into southern Wisconsin- whichhasan abundance of ride-worthy roads. Southern ILhas some nice roads, too...but would require lots more time and daylight (something which we lack around this time of year) tofully enjoy them.

I really don't have any plans for Sunday, so I just may join up with you guys...that is, if you don't mind a girl tagging along. So...is it the Cracker Barrel for sure? Kickstands up at what time???

Old 10-26-2007, 01:03 PM
dv102
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was out towards Starved Rock last weekend 71 is open and is a blast to ride to the park so you can take the the back way. If you take rt 6 to 178 into utica there is construction with the road going down to 1 lane just before you get to Utica and cars were backed up all the way to rt 6. 178 from utica to rt 6 though was'nt to bad.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:40 PM
nscrbug
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: dv102

Was out towards Starved Rock last weekend 71 is open and is a blast to ride to the park so you can take the the back way. If you take rt 6 to 178 into utica there is construction with the road going down to 1 lane just before you get to Utica and cars were backed up all the way to rt 6. 178 from utica to rt 6 though was'nt to bad.
That's great news that 71 is finally open again. The "back" way is much funner than taking Rt. 6 anyways. I was down that way last month, and they were doing the construction on 178 south of 71...I guess now that they finished that part, they're doing the section of 178 north to Rt. 6. I'll be sure to steer clear of that area. Besides, Dee Bennet Road (on the north side of the river) is way better to take back east than 6...lots more curves.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:42 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master

Actually, I cross over at the light beforeFat Daddy's(inSeneca) and take what over the riveron the south side. Come in the back roads to Starved Rock. Take a pit stop at Starved Rock Lodge and then come back on the North side of the river. Make my last stop at Fat Daddy's and home from there.Leave
Crackel Barrel at 10:30 am (I'll be there earlier for a little breakfast).

Old 10-26-2007, 01:59 PM
nscrbug
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: bigdoghd

Actually, I cross over at the light beforeFat Daddy's(inSeneca) and take what over the riveron the south side. Come in the back roads to Starved Rock. Take a pit stop at Starved Rock Lodge and then come back on the North side of the river. Make my last stop at Fat Daddy's and home from there.Leave
Crackel Barrel at 10:30 am (I'll be there earlier for a little breakfast).
Yep....that's the same route I take to and from the park...with the only difference being the Cemetery Rd/Old Stage Rd route that I use to get into Seneca.

Ok...just to clarify something...the Cracker Barrel you are talking about is off of I-80 correct? Because I know there is another one offof the I-55/Rt. 52 exit. Just want to make sure I end up at the right one...

Old 10-26-2007, 03:28 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master

Yes so if you came up 55 you would go towards Indiana on 80. If your coming from Riverside you could also takeLagrange Road to 30 west then get on 80 in New Lenox and head towards Iowa. That would be the 2nd exit on route 30 then take that to Holbolt Rd. Less time on the expressway. You can also go the backroads but it maybe more confusing up route 83 etc.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:07 PM
nscrbug
Cruiser

I'll most likely do the 55/80 route to get there. I can get on 55 via 171 where I'm at, so it'squicker for me that way.Plus I'll be plugged in, so hopefully the cool temps won't be that bad for me.

Quick Reply: Starve Rock/Route 6 Sunday 28TH ?