Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

IL/WI Motley Bikers 3 State Mississippi River Run Saturday Oct 13th

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:31 AM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: IL/WI Motley Bikers 3 State Mississippi River Run Saturday Oct 13th

Was great meeting y'all before the ride this morning. Wish I could have gone. Post some pics when you guys get back and we'll be in touch for the Spring/Summer Rides.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:12 AM
cadillac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got rained out this morning on the way there. Turned around and spending the day washin n polishin the bike and cleaning the garage. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Hope you had a good ride. Thanks for the call xtrain.

bob

Old 10-14-2007, 12:19 AM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Another Motley IL/WI ride end's well? at lest for me.Igot home about 9:30 tonight the rest of the crew hasn't checked in yet, they stillhad a good 3 hour ride left after leaving me off, hope all went well. Great people, great roads, and great food no better wayto spend a day then like that.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:40 AM
Xbt2
Cruiser
Received 177 Likes on 56 Posts

ORIGINAL: JB

Another Motley IL/WI ride end's well? at lest for me.Igot home about 9:30 tonight the rest of the crew hasn't checked in yet, they stillhad a good 3 hour ride left after leaving me off, hope all went well. Great people, great roads, and great food no better wayto spend a day then like that.
I think that may have been the best ride of the year. Definately the longest; 18.5 hrs, 470 miles and three States. Pictures in the morning when I get around to it.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:56 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

Rolled into my garage just before 1:30am ,it's almost 2:00 as I post this...we got from Darlington to Winnebago fast (Thanks JB Route69 rocked) then took an extra-long coffee breakbeforesplitting up and roaring home.It was a great day,incredible riding roads.JB planned this one and except for missing a couple of ourusual riders it wasthebest runof the year for us....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 10-14-2007, 02:43 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Xbt2

I think that may have been the best ride of the year. Definately the longest; 18.5 hrs, 470 miles and three States. Pictures in the morning when I get around to it.
How on the hell is it that onthis ride, an expensiveAmerican Made Motorcyle only averaged around 26 MPH ???????????????

Old 10-14-2007, 03:37 AM
msh134
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am also home safe and sound i only rode to galena and back but i had a great time. it sounds like a good thing too as if i rolled in at 1:30 am this morning the warden would have my nuggets in a jar by morning. i just wanted to say thanks for the ride and it awsome to be a part of this fantastic group. train i cant beleive that road glide only got that kind of mpg i averaged 42 mpg today. maybe its not broken in yet? hey craig and scott how many times did you guys stop for gas

Old 10-14-2007, 08:39 AM
Xbt2
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: X TRAIN

How on the hell is it that onthis ride, an expensiveAmerican Made Motorcyle only averaged around 26 MPH ???????????????
Good question, but that fancy - lad BMW didn't perform any better. Maybe it had something to do with every stop turning into an hour long rest, or the near two hour lunch in Iowa we took, or the long stop at Pike's Peak State Park. For sure it wasn't the late stop at Sheddy's in Wisconsin

Old 10-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Xbt2
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: msh134

i am also home safe and sound i only rode to galena and back but i had a great time. it sounds like a good thing too as if i rolled in at 1:30 am this morning the warden would have my nuggets in a jar by morning. i just wanted to say thanks for the ride and it awsome to be a part of this fantastic group. train i cant beleive that road glide only got that kind of mpg i averaged 42 mpg today. maybe its not broken in yet? hey craig and scott how many times did you guys stop for gas
We started with a full tank, topped off in Galena, filled up the tank in Prairie Du Chien, a quick splash o' gas in Darlington and then one final stop in Winnebago. Could've skipped the Winnebago fueling but didn't want to push it. Averaged just a hair over 40 mpg riding two-up and loaded with gear. X-Train's bottomless gas tank finally emptied somewhere near Pikes Peak State Park. He broke 1000 miles on the bike, and I think that was the dealer supplied free tank of gas.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: msh134

Wake Up man....The topic was Miles Per Hour............ Miles Per Gallon [sm=chairshot.gif]

Quick Reply: IL/WI Motley Bikers 3 State Mississippi River Run Saturday Oct 13th