Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Thinking about a possible ride to Starved Rock this Sunday.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007 | 03:43 PM
Candy Azz
|
Banned
Default Thinking about a possible ride to Starved Rock this Sunday.

The wife wants to possibly go for a ride to Starved Rock this Sunday.

Any suggestions for routes and/or stops along the way. I'm coming from Sleepy Hollow, IL.

Anyone else interested?

Old 10-03-2007 | 11:23 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master
Default RE: Thinking about a possible ride to Starved Rock this Sunday.

Nice ride I do it almost every weekend! On route 6 in Seneca there are a few nice bars.Fat Daddy's and I think the other one on the River is Boon Docs. Great food at Fat Daddy's.If you go past that leaving Seneca into the next town thereis a bar on the river called Snug Harbor, your probably going to have to ask someone, because I'm not sure of the street names.Also Utica and Straved Rock lodge are nice places. Have a safe ride, hope you get great weather. O'ya Penny Road Pub is a nice place.

Old 10-04-2007 | 09:05 PM
nscrbug
Cruiser
Default RE: Thinking about a possible ride to Starved Rock this Sunday.

In regards to Snug Harbor - Off of Route 6 in Marseilles, turn onto Chicago St. (there's a place called Johnny's on the corner) and follow that all the way to Liberty Street. Turn onto Liberty and follow that all the way down to the river...the entrance to Snug Harbor will be on your left. Warning: they have huge speed bumps at the entrance to their parking lot..just a headsup. Oh...and they have a really limited food menu (as in just burgers only...at least that's how it was the last time I was there). But it's a nice view of the river with lots of tables outside.

Oh...and one more thing...Route 71 (the twisty road that leads into Starved Rock) is still closed, so you'll have to take the detour...which I think is Route 6 to 178...not as fun as 71. [:'(] But I usually take the road on the other side of the river into Ottawa and get on 71 anyways...then from there you can take the road that leads to Lowell...it's a nice, newly paved road that will dump you out onto 178 a few miles south of 71. You can still get into the park off of 71 from 178.