Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

IL/WI Motley Crew Rock River Run Sat.Sept 29th

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts
Default IL/WI Motley Crew Rock River Run Sat.Sept 29th

The Rock River Run- This Saturday September 29th down scenicRt 2 along theRock River

Meet at::Lakeshore Harley Davidson - Rt 176 - Libertyville IL. (Just slightly east of the Tollway)

--->We leave the meeting place No Later Than -->8:30<-- Please be there a few minutes before departure time.<---

THERE :Lakeshore HD to a stop (Coffee Or Whatever)atMc Donalds on Rt 20 in Marengo = 44 miles
Marengo to Byron= 40 miles
Byron to Oregon= 11 miles

BACK: From OregonRt 64 East to 39/51 North------> Rt 20 East-- From here I figure some of us will go back East on 176 and others may find it better to jump on 90 NW Tollway etc.
Regardless of our typical eating[sm=popcorn.gif]drinking[sm=icon_cheers.gif]debauchery [sm=crossbonesgif.gif]and other socially unacceptable behavior[sm=teetertooter.gif]everyone should be home before dark.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE LINEUP : (check here for updates)
Straggler
ddog
Snowgirl24
Troopin
smittyp83 (
Meet In Marengo)
Rich D (
Meet In Marengo)
X Train

LUNCH - At Messie's Bar & Grill-On the river-Oregon IL.
(They open at 12

Old 09-24-2007, 10:06 PM
ddog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IL/WI Motley Crew Rock River Run Sat.Sept 29th

Sounds great. I'm in!

Old 09-25-2007, 01:52 AM
troopin
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds good to me Xtrain, I have one request if it doesn't hurt anyone too much but if we can do a NLT 0800 start time it would work a whole lot better for me. mapquest says it is an hour and 4 min from my place to there, and I don't get off work Friday night until 12am, that extra hour of sleep would really do me good, but if it is a problem then I can make the 7 start time...just let me know...

Old 09-25-2007, 07:16 AM
Chopperz
Outstanding HDF Member

Hmmmmmm

Old 09-25-2007, 08:01 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: troopin

Sounds good to me Xtrain, I have one request if it doesn't hurt anyone too much but if we can do a NLT 0800 start time it would work a whole lot better for me. mapquest says it is an hour and 4 min from my place to there, and I don't get off work Friday night until 12am, that extra hour of sleep would really do me good, but if it is a problem then I can make the 7 start time...just let me know...
Got some pm's on this also:Looks like we're going with a No Later Than 8:00 start time from Lakeshore HD

Old 09-25-2007, 11:16 AM
smittyp83
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm trying to swing this - I would have to meet up with you at the McDonald's in Marengo.

There's a "biker-friendly" place in Oregon called Messie's thats right on the river -by River st & 64. I've only been there once but they had a pretty good BLT & the beer was cold.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Snowgirl24
Cruiser

I will see you all Saturday at 0800.....

Old 09-25-2007, 01:11 PM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really wish I could make this ride. I've been meaning to get together with you guys but just haven't been able to get the times right. I could do the start but have to be back by 2ish this week, not good enough. I guess I'll have to wait for the next one. Have a great ride and I hope to meet the gang soon.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:40 PM
troopin
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds like Snowgirl found her "mojo" glad to hear your going to make it, I would love to be able to meet the whole group when I come up there...Xtrain now has to remove the possibly from her name now...so let me ask if I am taking 94 north to get up there to you guys, do I exit on 176, or should I say is there an exit for 176 to go east?? and is Lakeshore Harley visible from 176 once I exit...I have never been up that way, and of course cell phones while riding don't really work if I have a directional problem...lol...

Old 09-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Snowgirl24
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: troopin

Sounds like Snowgirl found her "mojo" glad to hear your going to make it, I would love to be able to meet the whole group when I come up there...Xtrain now has to remove the possibly from her name now...so let me ask if I am taking 94 north to get up there to you guys, do I exit on 176, or should I say is there an exit for 176 to go east?? and is Lakeshore Harley visible from 176 once I exit...I have never been up that way, and of course cell phones while riding don't really work if I have a directional problem...lol...
I am pretty sure you can exit at 176. You can see the HD dealership from the freeway.. To get there you want to be going East on 176.

Quick Reply: IL/WI Motley Crew Rock River Run Sat.Sept 29th