Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

IL/WI Motley Crew Rock River Run Sat.Sept 29th

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts
Default RE: IL/WI Motley Crew Rock River Run Sat.Sept 29th

ORIGINAL: EzRyder

Hi Xtrain,

Am I reading this correctly - about 100 miles from Lakeshore HD to destination?

Total distance, around 200?

Rich
Just double checked via Google Map= Yes

Old 09-25-2007, 09:19 PM
smittyp83
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks like I am good to go for this ride.

I will meet you guys at the McDonalds in Marengo at 0900! Look for my CVMA patch!

I'm heading up from South Elgin - if anyone wants to jump in on the ride from there to Marengo, let me know and we can meet up. I'll be leaving South Elgin betweeen 0800 - 0815.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:40 PM
RichDIV
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up XTrain!
I like all the maps, and icons, directions...etc. Nice planning!
I'll meet with you all in Marengo.

Smitty...Where in South Elgin are you leaving from? I'll ride up with you if you don't mind.

RichD

Old 09-25-2007, 10:03 PM
troopin
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

ThanksXtrain for the map, after I asked the question I thought about dahhhh just google it....so and magnify to see if the exit goes that way...lol...Snowgirl, thanks for making it a point to do a drive by for me.. you guys are great, going out of your way for someone you never met, not what I am used to down here..lol.. I do appreciate it and look forward to meeting you guys..Sec Super Glide... thanks as well I already assumed that with the mapquest times.. seems they are never really right... with the distance we should be going should be perfect for me to be due for my next service... anyone know any good indies that do it.. getting tired of the dealers around here, also looking for a good dyno in the area that knows what they are doing with a pc111.. heck I can makea ride out of it get out there in the morning drop off the bike, and just hang in the area....

Old 09-25-2007, 11:55 PM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Snowgirl24

ORIGINAL: X TRAIN

ORIGINAL: troopin

Sounds like Snowgirl found her "mojo" glad to hear your going to make it, I would love to be able to meet the whole group when I come up there...Xtrain now has to remove the possibly from her name now...so let me ask if I am taking 94 north to get up there to you guys, do I exit on 176, or should I say is there an exit for 176 to go east?? and is Lakeshore Harley visible from 176 once I exit...I have never been up that way, and of course cell phones while riding don't really work if I have a directional problem...lol...
Troopin,
The exit sign off the tollway will probably say IL 176 Park Aveor IL 176(Rockland Road) Exit - Looks like the exit's slightly north of the dealer and hooks back towards it----here's a pic:
Marc,
You're art work is on the money.. I drove down 176 headingwest after work to go to Runners Edge in Libertyville and made a point to check out the exit for Troopin... All he needs to do is take a left at the light and he will be right there at Lake Shore.

Jen
Look something like this?

Old 09-26-2007, 12:49 AM
troopin
Cruiser

Ok JB that about says...errrrr... shows it all pretty clear.. I appreciate it..Now since everyone has been so helpful with the directions who can tell me how to get 7 hours worth of sleep in 5 hours time...lol... Between Xtrain, Snowgirl, JB and everyone else who has replyed or pm'd me, heck if you guys are as much fun as you all are helpful I just may be riding north a lot !!!!! especially after Xtrains comment Regardless of our typical eating[sm=popcorn.gif]drinking[sm=icon_cheers.gif]debauchery [sm=crossbonesgif.gif]and other socially unacceptable behavior[sm=teetertooter.gif] I am thinking I will be

Old 09-26-2007, 06:19 AM
Snowgirl24
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: troopin

Ok JB that about says...errrrr... shows it all pretty clear.. I appreciate it..Now since everyone has been so helpful with the directions who can tell me how to get 7 hours worth of sleep in 5 hours time...lol... Between Xtrain, Snowgirl, JB and everyone else who has replyed or pm'd me, heck if you guys are as much fun as you all are helpful I just may be riding north a lot !!!!! especially after Xtrains comment Regardless of our typical eating[sm=popcorn.gif]drinking[sm=icon_cheers.gif]debauchery [sm=crossbonesgif.gif]and other socially unacceptable behavior[sm=teetertooter.gif] I am thinking I will be
Sleep is so overrated[sm=sleeping.gif]Once you feel the coolness of the morning you'll be rejuvenated and ready to ride[sm=biker.gif]

Old 09-26-2007, 09:05 AM
Pacemaker
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Troopin , try a sleep number bed, I hear they work great.[sm=sleeping.gif]

Old 09-26-2007, 05:04 PM
troopin
Cruiser

Sounds like Snowgirl has found her mojo and then some...lol...Pacemaker.. it is not so much the quality but the quantity..lol...of course I am sure a nice warm body next to me (read female) can make the lack of quantity worth it...lol...

Old 09-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

Very Important Please....
NEW START TIME !ON THE ROAD NO LATER THAN 8:30

Thatshould get us to the midway point in the route (and our lunch stop) at about 12:00

Thanks !
" X "

Quick Reply: IL/WI Motley Crew Rock River Run Sat.Sept 29th