Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

IL/WI Motley Crew Rock River Run Sat.Sept 29th

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts
Default RE: IL/WI Motley Crew Rock River Run Sat.Sept 29th

ORIGINAL: smittyp83

I'm trying to swing this - I would have to meet up with you at the McDonald's in Marengo.

There's a "biker-friendly" place in Oregon called Messie's thats right on the river -by River st & 64. I've only been there once but they had a pretty good BLT & the beer was cold.
I think you mighta nailed it smittyp83 - sounds real good to me unless anyone has a better suggestion

Just got off the phone with a waitress from Messie's to paraphrase her response:"Great food with lots of variety,a "bigass bar" with plenty of room.Usually lots of bikes there on the weekend,it's right on the river." - My only concern is they don't open until 12:00 but I think if we take a breakfast/coffee break in Marengo and obey posted speed limits it might time out just about right.If we're running too early then we can wing it.

As for meeting us in Marengo-Ivaguely remember your location and was sort of thinking of suggesting that.If RichD's going he may want to do that as well.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Pacemaker
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I won't be able to make it this time.I hopeguy's plan another trip afterthis one.

Have fun.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Pacemaker

I won't be able to make it this time.I hopeguy's plan another trip afterthis one.

Have fun.
Thanks Pace,we're going to miss not having purple haze in the pack.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: troopin

Sounds like Snowgirl found her "mojo" glad to hear your going to make it, I would love to be able to meet the whole group when I come up there...Xtrain now has to remove the possibly from her name now...so let me ask if I am taking 94 north to get up there to you guys, do I exit on 176, or should I say is there an exit for 176 to go east?? and is Lakeshore Harley visible from 176 once I exit...I have never been up that way, and of course cell phones while riding don't really work if I have a directional problem...lol...
Troopin,
The exit sign off the tollway will probably say IL 176 Park Aveor IL 176(Rockland Road) Exit - Looks like the exit's slightly north of the dealer and hooks back towards it----here's a pic:

Old 09-25-2007, 06:11 PM
earthdog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This just sucks!

The girls have their homecoming Saturday and I know the whole day will consist of running them around to get last minute crap, doing hair, (I'm not doing hair. Lets make that clear right now) taking them to get their nails done and all that girly stuff that they think needs to be done before their dance.
Oh well I'm gonna do a good part of the Il. 2 ride on Oct. 7th when we go to Byron Dragway for the wheel standing comp. and drag races.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Sec Super Glide
Road Captain

Just one thing to think about Map Quest times do not include traffic or road construction it cost me and other riders to be 20 min late to St Charles a couple weeks ago.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Snowgirl24
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: X TRAIN

ORIGINAL: troopin

Sounds like Snowgirl found her "mojo" glad to hear your going to make it, I would love to be able to meet the whole group when I come up there...Xtrain now has to remove the possibly from her name now...so let me ask if I am taking 94 north to get up there to you guys, do I exit on 176, or should I say is there an exit for 176 to go east?? and is Lakeshore Harley visible from 176 once I exit...I have never been up that way, and of course cell phones while riding don't really work if I have a directional problem...lol...
Troopin,
The exit sign off the tollway will probably say IL 176 Park Aveor IL 176(Rockland Road) Exit - Looks like the exit's slightly north of the dealer and hooks back towards it----here's a pic:
Marc,
You're art work is on the money.. I drove down 176 headingwest after work to go to Runners Edge in Libertyville and made a point to check out the exit for Troopin... All he needs to do is take a left at the light and he will be right there at Lake Shore.

Jen

Old 09-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Sec Super Glide
Road Captain

Lake Shore Harley Davidson, Lat N42.28 Lon W 87.90

Old 09-25-2007, 08:06 PM
EzRyder
Cruiser

Hi Xtrain,

Am I reading this correctly - about 100 miles from Lakeshore HD to destination?

Total distance, around 200?

Rich

Old 09-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Sec Super Glide

Lake Shore Harley Davidson, Lat N42.28 Lon W 87.90
Hey SS Glide: You'd have to get up sort of early but if you're up for it why not jump in and ride with us.... about half way though the way backyou could super slab it up north and get home at a decent time.

Quick Reply: IL/WI Motley Crew Rock River Run Sat.Sept 29th