Good Or Bad Shopping Experiences At HDF Post Your Shopping Experience Here

BEWARE Sanjoy Engraving/Chromefusion

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Just for the record...................They are not Sponsors on HDF and have not even logged on to the forum for over two years. Where are you guys hooking up with them?

Terry
HDF Admin

Old 12-06-2009, 10:46 AM
marks9mm
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome Fusion sanjoy engraving a rip off

Just wanted to ad my post to also warn against chrome fusion engraving. I ordered a engraved derby cover from Joyce and Jason at sanjoy engraving March of 2009. It is now December and I still have not recieved the cover. They are very disrespectful. I found them on here and emailed to see if they could do a derby cover with my daughter Katie on it. My daughter passed away almost 10 years ago. She was 9 years old. I sent Joyce her picture and was so excited that they were gonna do an engraved cover with my Katie on it with in memory of and all that. I have since heard every excuse in the book for Joyce. I have called 5 or 6 times, I have emailed probably 20 times. I get a differant excuse every time. She has told me it has been mailed a few times too. Now she is telling me that I will get the cover and a money order refund. Alright now it has been 8 months and I still have not got the cover. The 149.95 does not bother me. What really bothers me is that this was a cover with my daughter on it. How disrespectful are they? To get an order from a mom who wants there daughter put on a cover and I never get it. What kind of people are they? Oh and the last excuse was that the head engraver, her husband has a life threatening illness and they will not be taking any more orders after 12/31/2009. I pray that she is not lying about that too. What kind of person would do that? I feel for her if her husband is sick, but if he is not I pray for her. I doubt that I will ever get the cover with my Katie on it. Please do not order anything from with these disrepectful lying thieves.

Roben

Old 12-28-2009, 11:28 PM
tnt041
Stage I

Yep, same story here. I just can't get any truthful answers from these people. One day my derby cover, ordered and paid for in September, is being shipped to me and a week later, it's still two weeks out. It seems like no one knows what is going on. I would no longer recommend this company!!

Old 04-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Wolfgirl
Stage II
Default Stay Away

Same story. The job was supposed to take 4-6 weeks. They put me off for 4 months. Variety of excuses . . . The engraver quit. Serious illness in the family. Very rude when called. They must use caller ID because the phone would continuously ring when I called on my phone but when I used my husbands telephone, they answered. I had to keep changing phones or block my number to get them to answer. After 4 months I demanded a refund. For two months after that, the bookkeeper was not in or the computers were down. I threatened to call the Nevada Attorney General's Office and I finally received my refund.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:12 PM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. I had heard their work was crappy but I hadn't heard about all their shady business practices. Seriously good info.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Joe477
Tourer

Thanks for the heads up

Old 04-18-2010, 05:33 PM
white wolf 911
Stage I

I ordered off e-bay a derby cover Dream catcher, got it and it was beautifu. Contacted Joyce, June of 08 to get another derby cover and matching point cover with a thunder bird on them for my 06 night train. She sent me five or six pictures to chose from. I chose one and sent them $295.00 for the pair in late June 2008. Starred e-mailing back and forth in October 08 when I hadn't recieved my order. I would e-mail every two or three weeks and she e-mailed back "so sorry backed up" "so sorry lost your order, get right on it." This lasted into early 09, I then complained to Navada better Business, that's a joke also. So from time to time I send an e-mail to Joyce to remind her I'm still here and waiting, just sent one. Their work is beautifull but you will only admire it on their web site, too bad.
white wolf 911

Old 06-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We ordered a derby for my gf's bike in early January, then one for my bike a few weeks later. Supposed to be 6 weeks. Long story short, it took repeated emails and threats to finally get them delivered the last week of May - 5 months!

Gf's turned out great - good etching and nice chrome work. On mine the etching is so-so, the background was to be black powdercoated. The PC slops into the etching in several places and the derby was wrapped in paper toweling apparently before the PC finished setting. So when I unwrapped it the PC was rippled and paper toweling was embedded in it. Said the hell with them, cleaned up as much of the etching as I could then masked off the chrome parts, sanded it down, and shot it with rattle can HD Wrinkle black to match my 07 Street Bob.

AVOID these lying, thieving, horrible businesspeople at all costs!

Old 06-29-2010, 01:27 PM
littlebikerwife
Stage I

I am soooo thankful. I was fixing to put in an order today and thought I should check here first. ChromeFusion does put up a pretty website and nice emails. Here is my problem though. I was looking for them to do some work for my husband for some special occasions. I really want this work done. Any recommendations out there???? Please help if you can.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by littlebikerwife
ChromeFusion does put up a pretty website and nice emails.
Interesting. The email comment implies that you've had contact with them. Joyce SWORE! to me that they stopped accepting individual orders back in December and only work with custom bike builders now because individuals "just don't understand" the creative, time consuming part of hand engraving. If she's said they'll take your order that's just one more red flag to avoid them.

Sorry I can't recommend anyone else. You might PM JRK5892 here.
That's Joe, The Powder Pro, a site sponsor. They don't do engraving but he may know someone who does.

Quick Reply: BEWARE Sanjoy Engraving/Chromefusion